+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On-Stream Tobacco, etc..

COPENHAGEN

------------------
    Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

My friend really likes pipes and can somehow manage to fish while smoking one. I'm not quite that good so I'll fire up a pipe and sit on the bank as I savor catching a nice or difficult fish. The rest of the time I just stick with Copenhagen.

------------------
    Warren F.
    Bozeman, MT

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Just clean mountain air, spring flowers and the smell of the guy's cigar just up-wind from me around the bend. Quit all tabacco years ago. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

[This message has been edited by Eight Thumbs (edited 17 March 2005).]

You guys need to check out this site [url=http://www.geocities.com/chwrdn/:26f71]http://www.geocities.com/chwrdn/[/url:26f71]

im a canadian, so i like my beer, also a smoker, so ill take my siggs, plus some colts, plus ill take my pipe,(not as strict up here for smokeables)

Back in the olden days I used to have a cigarette or two on occasion, on stream and off. To give you an idea of when I quit, the last carton I bought was in Raleigh, NC, and it cost me $1.99. Right, that's for a carton not a pack. If I still smoked today, first of all I'd probably be dead, but barring that, I couldnt afford to fish. I can't believe the price of cigarettes today.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

I used to enjoy the occasional menthol cigarette while fishing, but I stopped that a while ago. Now I like my pipe with a nice black cavendish blend.

------------------
    dw

'Don't know, what you don't know.'

My nasty habits were 1 pack Luckies, about 3 to 5 DM panatellas and a few bowls of a Raleigh mix per day. I quit cold turkey after some guy in a black suit asked "alright where are they?" I didn't know what the H... he was talking about...They had just stuck me in a room after hooking a whole bunch of wires to me. A broke' TV on a shelf in front of me kept going...BEEP BEEP BEEP till the repairman came double timin' in to check something out. He couldn't get it workin though. I'd never seen any of those people That jabbered back and fourth around me before and already they had pulled my clothes off me. Those horsepistol people git awful familiar awful quick! They kept saying something about PVC's and it was givin' me the heebie jeebies! Whatinell did polly vinyl chlorides have to do with anything? I hadn't eaten any plastic pipe! "Where's who?" I asked the black suit guy! He said "Oh, I'm your cardiologist, where are your cigarettes?
    "Right up there in my pocket," I said, pointing to my jacket. "Could you get one for me while your at it". I thought to myself, "Boy oh Boy, talk about the luck of the draw. Here's my doctor and the first thing he does is bum a cigarette from me. "No you're not getting any more cigarettes for the rest of your life" he said, and he twisted the pack in two and threw it into the waste basket. "They tell me that you had three cups of coffee and three cigarettes before they got any work out of you this morning! No more coffee and no more cigarettes!" and that is how it was till I started to take a little coffee and sneak a cigar now and then. All my pipes and the stand too went out with the trash. When fishing for salmon about 5 years later I sprung for a Missouri Meershaum and a packet of Kentuckey Burleigh. I didn't even smoke The whole packet. I've been clean ever since but I still have that corn cob pipe in my sock drawer!
    Some times I hear it calling to me!

Ol' Bill

[This message has been edited by snipe (edited 17 March 2005).]

I had a great Uncle"Doc Russell" a renowned Muskie fisherman in the Minoqua Wisconsin Area. My earliest fishing recollections involve the perpetual smell of a really bad cigar. It also doubled as a Mosquito repellent (The Wisconsin State bird)To this day the smell evokes wonderful memories. I've been told that smell is one of the strongest memory triggers. I could never get into the tobbaco habit but when I played ball I had to chew double digits of at least three different flavors of gum. Never noticed it when I played, but as soon as the game was over my jaw hurt like heck.

Gnu Bee Flyer,
    Enjoyed your post...especially that last sentance!

B

+ Reply to Thread