+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renzetti vices, Worth the price?

Default Renzetti vices, Worth the price?

Hi all,
    I found an extremly nice renzetti vice, C-clamp style ( Not sure on correct terming) for $91 bucks. This sounds pretty expensive to me, but I'm only 16. But the owner of this shop is going to order another vice that is full-rotary, just as the renzetti, but is on a pedistal, and for only $55 bucks. What would you do?
    Thanks for any input- David

------------------
    You'll Have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel
    - Homer J. Simpson

I use the Renzetti w/ the C-clamp. I love it.
    Handles everything I tie from #26's to #3/0's.
    There's a big spread in the prices there but I think in the long run the Renzetti would be a better investment that won't let you down.

Sound a good deal to me if you have the dollars. There are other vices that will do the job, but hey, if you decide to get rid of the Renzetti it is one vice you would have no trouble finding a buyer. They have an excellent reputation and are well known as a quality product. Personally I like the pedestal base, but I am probably in teh minority here. It means I can push it further away from my body which I like. I have never had a problem with stability.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Flytyer317,

Be careful with any 'knock-offs'. If there is nothing wrong with that Renzetti, that price is excellent. I can't offer any opinion on the other vise because I have no idea what it is or who makes it.

Allan

David, I spent 150.00 for that vise and I love it. It is a long term investment, life long if you don't back over it with a truck....I added the saltwater models thick spinner on the end- fit my hand better- and a 10.00 Cabela's base. I tie from 3/0 to 22 with no problems, easy adjustments. You really can't go wrong if it feels good in your hands. Some prefer beefier vises and there have been way too many stupid "my vise is better than yours" threads posted. If you can tie a couple at the shop and it fits your style- (feels comfortable) thats what is really important, not what some other expert prefers. It's good to see a 16 year old pondering these great questions. When I was your age I had a great Dad who loved to fish, but not flyfish, and I had no internet to use as a electronic mentor. I had to glean info from Sports Afield, Outdoor Life and Field and Stream, maybe an occasional book or booklet!!!! My son (13) got a Griffin Spyder for about $90.00 but he likes my Traveler better... Best of Luck, Jim

------------------
    "Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

[This message has been edited by backbeach (edited 11 June 2005).]

If you can afford it, I'd buy it. The Traveller will do everything you ask it to do and will still be going strong by the time your kids start tying.

Regards,
    ScottP
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

I've heard that Renzetti is supposed to start offering a lower model than the Traveler. Maybe this $91 vice it the new offering?

If it is a traveler then it's a good price. If it isn't , it may be something without much in the way of reviews yet.

------------------
    bubba_orvis

I don't do anything with Renzetti. They sue people.

Jim

I had a cheaper aa nock off and upgraded to traveler 2 years ago .. worth the money and I payed 150.00 Made my own base not one problem .. thinking of getting midge jaws for it though

------------------
    Mike

buy it.

+ Reply to Thread