+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little help please...

Default A little help please...

I know this has been on the board like a hundred times but I couldn't find it in the search. I would like to dye some grizzly hackle to a bright yellow for some green drakes. I'd rather use the cool aid method over rit. Fist off, will it work with cool aid or should I get some rit. Thanks and sorry for the re-post.

------------------
    <*(((((><
    Jim in CO

kool aid works very well.
    I've always been surprised how vibrant the coloring is.

definitely an easy chore.

mgj

Here you go. Ron

[url=http://www.thepiper.com/fiberart/koolaid/:cfc23]http://www.thepiper.com/fiberart/koolaid/[/url:cfc23]

Thanks a lot. They turned out awesome.

------------------
    <*(((((><
    Jim in CO

Maybe this is a dumb question but I ain't no genius:

I have done lots of dying in my day but always with Rit. From what I read on the link provided by RonMT, the process is almost identical from the way I've done it with Rit. With all the colors of Rit available; why Kool Aid?

Just wondering...

It's cheap and has a dual purpose.

bamboozle,

For small amounts of material, a packet of KoolAid is enough. 1 pack of KoolAid @ $0.20 or 1 box of RIT @ $2.25

Allan

I'll have to try it sometime although I would assume that certain natural colors might require a few packs. Maybe we should start a kids lobby for some new flavors like "Blue Dun Blueberry" or "Out of Sight Olive"

It sort of makes me wonder what color the inside of a Kool-Aid drinker's stomach is.

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 04 April 2005).]

Bamboozle,
    Send me your address and I will send you a sample. Like mikey said, vibrant color.

------------------
    <*(((((><
    Jim in CO

10. Default

Speaking of hackle for green drakes...I use 1 Grizzly Dyed Pale Yellow, and 1 Dun hackle...seems to work very well!

------------------
    "GET THE DRIFT?"

+ Reply to Thread