+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steriods in Fly Fishing

How do you think those bamboo guys can cast a 9' rod all day?

Blog Entries

we have had a bad problem with that down here in Texas. A holder of several Texas flyfish records has turned up as a steroid user. Not only that but he was doping his minners as well

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:733b6]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:733b6]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

I never took any roids to lengthen my cast...but an 8-ball can help get through a night of tying or a long road trip!

Charlie

"I never did coke to get high...I just liked the smell."

Not sure if many of our fly fishermen here in Washington are using steroids but I am willing to testify that I believe many of our salmon and steelhead are bulking up and could very well be because of steroids. In the past year I have had fish break off on more then one occasion. This has happened to me and some of my fellow anglers. Also, we noticed this in many river systems so the problem could be more wide spread then we think. Just the other day I was shown pictures of a 35.5 pound steelhead caught in my home river. The angler stated he had not hooked into a fish as strong as this one or as big ever before. It is becoming blatantly obvious that these fish are juicing up. Something needs to be done and quickly. I think congress should begin hearings on this matter immediately.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

On the advice of my attorney (who casts even worse than I do), I intend to name only generic flys used by those who cheat by catching more trout than I do. I will not mention the size of my wooley bugger or describe the color and shape of my biggest San Juan Worm.

BTW, should I be forced to give further testimony, you will have to come find me in Belize (do they have extradition there?). Or maybe in New Zealand with Jax.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

ooooooh OOOOOOH ooooooh, THUMP thump THUMP thump, ooooooh OOOOOOh ooooooh! "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, "KILLER STEELHEADS", able to rip the fly line and back, right off of your reel. Able to jump out of the water and snap your Graphite Rod in half, with their Titanium Hook Jaw.

Don't you love the escaped Fish Farm Steelheads, that have been injected, inspected, and selected?

Steroids? I thought that stuff was Gink!

If I said no you wouldn't believe me and if I said yes I would be ostrasized and scorned and the media would laugh at me more than they do now.

I never had sex with that woman either. huh

Just because someone can cast 150 feet doesn't mean there on roids!! I mean - your have to have the "skill" to cast properly right?

Brian

------------------
    [url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:cb4de]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:cb4de]

+ Reply to Thread