+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best State Trout&Landowners Rapport

Default Best State Trout&Landowners Rapport

I see there are folks from around the country and globe here. In your oinions which state, has the best fisheerman, fish commission, accessibility deal going?? Least amount of posted water and or private clubs? Best sportsman/landowner relations. Not that there is anything wrong with private clubs on private streams.

From what I've heard, Montana has one of the best accessability laws in the country. If I have it right, property that's not posted can be crossed to access water, and you can fish any stream as long as you stay below the high water mark while wading.

Here in GA, private streams are heavily posted and cabled across the stream at the property line-this includes fairly large rivers like the Toccoa. In some places, entire rivers and large streams are surounded entirely by private land, making them inaccessable to the Great Unwashed.

BHP

Little Juniata33,,its ok to keep fishing the posted section of the L J.. lol

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

NO THANKS, I prefer real trout, the kind that have to work for their grub like we do. Are you getting the itch yet
    ??

L J i sure am getting the itch, was fishing a small stream below my house,,caught to suckers on green weenies.i didn't think the stream had a fish in it just need to get out.

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

Not a state, but Alberta Canada. Most of the best fishing is beside Crown land (gov't land) and is freely accessible to anyone. Most rivers that do have properties along their banks (take the Bow for exapmle) have many many public access points, and you can wade anywhere you want below the high water mark.

Brian

------------------
    [url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:28704]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:28704]

+ Reply to Thread