+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hook & Hackle

Default Hook & Hackle

First time to post on this board. Wanted all to know the service and value at H&H (but most of you already knew that, right!?) I wanted to build a back-up rod for my 7'10" 3wt and none of H&H's stock kits met my needs. Ron worked with me over thte phone to assemble just what I needed/wanted at my modest price point. Thanks, Ron!

This is my second H&H rod and I'll be back.

Next time you are in the market to build a rod, give H&H a try - you won't come away disappointed.

Flyfish2002;
    Welcome to the best of the best flyfishing sites. Drop by the chat room some evening just remember to wipe your feet and no cleats in the club house.
    I've build 7 H&H rods so far. Gave 2 away as Christmas prsents.
    Come on up to Michigan this August for the FAOL Fish-In.

Flyfish2002 Welcome,
    Just recieved my 1st from "Hook&Hackle" today. Ron included a cap for free just because I told him I was amazed that they did the move and owner changeover and only had the short trouble time. I've bought fly tying stuff from them in the past and I can say they will have me for a customer for a while. Oh Yeah I got a 6'6" 2wt.,now all I need to do is gat my left wing working right so I can build it and go fishing.
    Bill

REMEMBER the MICHIGAN FISH-IN

Not bad ...
    Bill got new cap and I got everything except three guide sets ON BACKORDER! Didn't learn about the BO until the tiny package arrived in the mail, and there's no date approximated for the remainder of the shipment. So instead of three new rods for the Fish-In ...
    Oh, well.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,,, no excuse for that. If you are going to be in business,,, then maintain stock. Now, you 'trusted'them and they let you down. You will not have the rods for the event you wanted them for. No reason, no excuses, no idea of when, no respect for you.
    To say "Oh well" should be more like "go to hell". I would never go back to them. Never. You and the rest who order from any of the sponsors are friends of mine. Without you and the others like you, this web site would be pointless. Sponsors, for the most part want a 'crack at' you and pay us for the priviledge.. which can be lost in a heart beat. Insult one of my friends,,, and you may find yourself gone. Is there anything I can do to help you? You need some guides? Put a post on here. Someone will have them. Send the bill to me, send the guides to her. This will not continue.
    If you can't trust one of our sponsors...
    you can't trust any of them.
    Period.

------------------
    "How long does it take to learn fly-fishing?
    No one knows."
    Grand poo-bah

Betty.....I may have enough single foots to do a rod...3 #2's 5 #3's and 1 #4's....and two #2 double foots. No stippers tho...and what looks like about a 4 tip top.

I live in Liberty Mo...I can meet ya 1/2 way. You can have um for nothin

Also Betty...there is KK at 87th (Sante Fe Trail) and Marty...they have guides.
    And Cabela's....not a bad drive down 435 from Olathe.

Besides....I wanna cast some of the rods at the FI

Jerry

------------------
    "The only thing worse than getting old is not getting old"

[This message has been edited by Buzz (edited 20 July 2006).]

You guys are incredible!

The only thing I got were the guides. The special cork grips (for the exotic wood reel seats, from the Mud Hole) are what's slowing me down. I've still got three weeks till the Fish-In, and I'm being MOST optomistic that they'll show up before, and I'll still have time to get them done. If I work from the tip back ... maybe by the time I get THERE, the cork will be HERE.

I don't want to bad the H&H bunch. They usually come through, in time. They've been good sponsors of FAOL.

Hoping it's only a few left over glitches to be worked out. Right, Ron?

------------------

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Well then Betty I have a H&H short rev 1/2 well grip that is one of the best pieces of cork I've ever seen...you'll have to inlet it (easy to do with an exacto knife) if your using an up lock'er. I'd have to have it replaced tho when you get yours....same offer as before.

Friday update.

Spoke with Ron on the phone this morning. The suppliers for the special cork grips I had ordered could not provide them to Ron. He has found a supplier in Strueble, has ordered the grips, and they will be here in a couple weeks (to which I have approved.) The Strueble cork costs more than the other, and he didn't want to send something higher priced without my clearance. I'm very pleased.
    Rons a good guy, with lots on his plate. And there's still a few glitches to work out with the transfer of the company. (vast learning curve!! Bob made it look too easy!)
    Just so you know.
    Betty

------------------

Ron is a good guy and he is trying his best.

Most fly shops and rod building shops are in essence mom & pop operations. It is not only physically impossible to stock every item listed in a diverse catalog that attempts to meet our demand for unlimited choice, but also doesn't make economic sense with respect to capital investment and carrying inventory. If we want the service and advice of the mom & pop shops, we need to understand and accept the physical & economic limitations of this type of operation.

I for one do and am willing to accept the "rules".

+ Reply to Thread