+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pictures

Default Pictures

I understand that we cannot post pictures through this board and it seems we cannot add attachments in our replies to threads either. I have looked at photo programs on the web like Flikr, Photo Bucket etc. and I am wondering if anyone has used the free versions. Will they work to post pictures here. I also noticed that (I) can't add icons / smilies.

I use Flicker

Rick

Lightbulb

I use this board , go to your My Profile link and just upload the correct size image and it works like a charm.
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-02-2023 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Just because I can :)
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Even if allowed, uploading photos directly to a BB is not a desireable situation. The photos get stored on the BB's server, slowing down the site as memory space gets taken up.A better practice is to have photos hosted elsewhere, and simply post a link to the BB. It still SHOWS the picture, but the photo isn't physically taking up space on the BB's server. It just sees it as a line of text.I used to use Photobucket, until they were bought out and wanted to charge for a service that had been completely free, and blocking fishing pics I had previously uploaded there.Now I use Gifyu.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Steve thanks for the input but being somewhat....no....a whole lot confused I could use more input on the process you described. Assume I am starting a new thread. How exactly do I add pictures???

Default Reconsidered

- Even if allowed, uploading photos directly to a BB is not a desireable situation. The photos get stored on the BB's server, slowing down the site as memory space gets taken up------------------------->>After some reflection on Daves comment and consideration for FAOL Having no IT experience myself it makes sense,I appreciate other members experience. and its up to the individual to maketheir own decision about posting photos , but learning different things is a lifelong adventure I got to thank FishnDave for this one.I will not be uploading anymore photo to my profile. ----->Thanks Dave
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 03-02-2023 at 12:11 PM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread