+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Late October 2021

Default Late October 2021

Decided to see if Goldfish and Bullheads were still willing to play. They were.
    I caught 2 Black Bullheads and 12 Goldfish. I didn't take pics of the bullheads.

David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Looks like a lot of fun.
    Rick

Thought the grass carp would be done for the year, but managed to get 3 more (167 for the year!).

Also caught a bluegill, 2 small channel catfish, and a small white bass.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Those grass carp are a lot of fun. What kind of fly are you using to catch them. I have only caught a few, all on nymph patterns if memory serves me well.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Those grass carp are a lot of fun. What kind of fly are you using to catch them. I have only caught a few, all on nymph patterns if memory serves me well.
    They can be very frustrating....but when they are being aggressive, they definitely are a lot of fun.
    I caught most of them this year on 1/80th-1/48th oz chartreuse microjigs under an indicator. I've also caught them on black microjigs, pine squirrel leeches with beadchain eyes, black ops fly, olive woolly buggers, foam bugs, Rick Z's Boa Yarn Leech, brass hawk, the Captain (the one with a pair of rubber legs as a tail), etc.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread