+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recent internet blurb said free kindle for 2 months......

Default Recent internet blurb said free kindle for 2 months......

I did not click on it or look into it. It said something to the effect that " Kindle Unlimited " will be FREE for 2 months.

I do not do kindle. I have one though. But.....therefore I don't know much about it. I am guessing Kindle Unlimited is something that you pay to get.

Well.....it said it will be free for 2 months.

just fyi

jim

Blog Entries

Jim,

Kindle Unlimited is a spin-off of Amazon. You pay a monthly fee and that gives you access to literally thousands upon thousands of e-books. Many books are free but many have a charge to buy them. Anywhere from $0.99 cents to well over $10, depending upon the author. Many of the books that charge a small fee can be read 'free to you' as an Unlimited. You can only have 10 Unlimited books at a time. For people with multiple people in a family, and if they have a Kindle, you can sign them on to get books from your membership for no extra charge.. I have four Kindles that I feed books to.

I consider it well worth the expense especially considering how expensive written books are now.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I am also an avid Kindle user. I signed up for freebooksy.com about five years ago. You enter the kind of device you have and the genre(s) of books you enjoy reading. Every day, I get an email with 6-9 free books and one special 99 cent sale on one featured book. I have "discovered" many new authors this way and if I select a book I don't like, I just delete it. I do take the time to enter reviews of the books I read, especially yhe very good ones. I have somewhere around 3500 books in my library now and I just download them when I want to read them. The one improvement I wish they had is a brief synopsis of each book so when I go to the library I can review them as I select my next book to read. If I get book one of a series and I really like it, I buy the remaining books it that series. Other than that, I've only had to pay for about five or six books in the past five years.

+ Reply to Thread