+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fly swap 2020!

Blog Entries

I apologize for being the last one! Flies went out today and I feel badly for letting it get away from me. Had a bad dose of flu and it set me way back. Please accept my apologies!
    art

Hope you are feeling better Hap. Here in NC several folks who had the flu had to deal with it and lingering symptoms for a couple of weeks.
    Truth be told I would wait a couple of months for your flies. The fly swap property values went up when you entered the swap.

Thanks again SCG for hosting.

My pleasure GQ, maybe this will spur some interest in future swaps.

Hope your well Hap, out here in the Northwest there is a NASTY flu bug going around, my friend was down for a full week, and the affects lingered for two more, he lost 20+ pounds and didn't really have it to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gqualls View Post
    Hope you are feeling better Hap. Here in NC several folks who had the flu had to deal with it and lingering symptoms for a couple of weeks.
    Truth be told I would wait a couple of months for your flies. The fly swap property values went up when you entered the swap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gqualls View Post

Now you have gone and done it! Walked out my tying room door and my head simultaneously hit both sides and the top of frame!

I was playing with a special UV light for wood identification and put the flies under it for a few minutes... all bugs dead...

Blog Entries

Another mea culpa from me... my package was sent from the local PO and returned because they deemed a manilla envelope less than 1/4" thick was a package, not an envelope and they insisted on more postage. Thing is, I could have inserted a piece of cardboard on each side to bring it up to almost 3/4" and it would then be an envelope and shipped for what the counter person did to me in the first go-around... Pretty disgusted with the mess. My receipt says they will be there tomorrow.

Again, I am sorry this went down this way and I accept full blame. The fact they took several days to return the envelope did not sit well with me either.

No worries, it’s all good.

Sent you an IM.

SCG

QUOTE=hap;535904]Another mea culpa from me... my package was sent from the local PO and returned because they deemed a manilla envelope less than 1/4" thick was a package, not an envelope and they insisted on more postage. Thing is, I could have inserted a piece of cardboard on each side to bring it up to almost 3/4" and it would then be an envelope and shipped for what the counter person did to me in the first go-around... Pretty disgusted with the mess. My receipt says they will be there tomorrow.

Again, I am sorry this went down this way and I accept full blame. The fact they took several days to return the envelope did not sit well with me either.[/QUOTE]

All flys are in.

Great job all. Seriously skilled tiers in this swap. I can see now that I need up up my tying game.

I will try to get the flys back in the mail ASAP, but a family issue could put it out a few days.

Thanks for the extras and goodies, you all are too kind.

I will try to post pics of all the flies, could be next week though.

Thank you all for participating, Maybe this swap will spur on other swaps on this board.

SCG

+ Reply to Thread