+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Ladyfisher has gone to heaven

Blog Entries

When you arise in the morning, think of what a
    precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

I?m so sorry to her of the Ladyfisher?s passing. Her articles and bulletin board posts were instrumental to me when I was learning to fly fish.
    My one wish is that when I die my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I told her I paid for it...

God Lord of Light, received her with eternal Love.

It’s been said that there are 3 stages of a fisherman’s life. In the first stage, you want to be able to catch the most fish. In the second stage you want to catch the biggest fish, and in the third stage you want to be able to fool the hardest ones to catch.

Actually, I believe there are sometimes 4 stages of a fisherman’s life, and it’s that fourth stage of a fisherman’s life that others will remember, and be thankful for, long after a fisherman has gone. You see, the fourth stage of a fisherman’s life is when you freely share all of your knowledge and experience with others so that they will experience the same joys that you experienced as you passed through the first 3 stages of your life.

Ladyfisher was clearly in that fourth stage of her fishing life for these many years that FOAL has been up and running. We are thankful for all that she has so freely shared with us, and we thank you too, Neil, for continuing to maintain this website for us, and in her memory.

************* My Sincerest Condolences *******
    Tight Lines......
    John } aka: Quill gordon

Rest In Peace Ladyfisher. I will always remember meeting you and JC. I will always cherish the all to few conversations we had.

Kerry
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

So sorry to hear this. She did so much for the fly fishing community at large and me specifically. I was fortunate enough to meet her, Jim and Neil on a couple of different occasions. Great people and I've learned so much from all three along the way. This is heartbreaking for me.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of our fishing friend Ladyfisher. Many years ago, I met her and her husband at the Fly Fishing Show in Allentown, and then later at a Fish-In at the State College area of Pennsylvania. They were good people and very pleasant to be with. My condolences to their family and the fly fishing community.

I just saw this. Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you

I go back many years on this form , I remember printing out all the relevant posts from LF & JC keeping them in a binder with all the responses , such great information picking up the phone and speaking with of them hearing of their experiences with life and fishing , I will never forget those two folks, and thank you Neil.
    Life is precious, fond memories like these make it sustainable and most pleasurable.
    Be safe -sm
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread