+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dueling Tyers

Default Dueling Tyers

Lol, thoroughly enjoying Norm & Scotts "dueling" tying posts. You guys tie some really impressive examples! Carry on.....please!

Whatever happened to all of the other tyets who used to post on this forum?

I'm not trying to be in a competition with anybody.

It also seems there is no longer posts regarding fly tying questions, advise etc

Quote Originally Posted by nfrechette View Post
    Me either; it's nice to have some company here.

It also seems there is no longer posts regarding fly tying questions, advise etc
    Things have definitely slowed down, unlike some of the other tying forums, which are pretty active.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

"It also seems there is no longer posts regarding fly tying questions, advise etc " I think that is due to the fact that FAOL is seldom the first or second listing on google like it once was so new tyers don't bring their questions here. There is still a wealth of experience on this board but the newcomers are not finding it.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    I think that is due to the fact that FAOL is seldom the first or second listing on google like it once was so new tyers don't bring their questions here. There is still a wealth of experience on this board but the newcomers are not finding it.
    That may be true, but there are plenty of regulars who visit frequently here, and yet not a lot of participation. I would really love to see more folks post pics of their flies; we would all benefit from that.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    That may be true, but there are plenty of regulars who visit frequently here, and yet not a lot of participation. I would really love to see more folks post pics of their flies; we would all benefit from that.

Regards,
    Scott
    Well, their are many of us who tie allot, but none of the exotic/colorful flies that you post. Not complaining because they are really nice. The flies I tie are for local use for me and friends. Nothing deserving a photo and posting. I recently referred a guy, who is convalescing for several month, to our site. However, as someone mentioned, the site ain't what it once was for participation or maybe posting. It still has a treasure of information from the old days.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    Me either; it's nice to have some company here.

Things have definitely slowed down, unlike some of the other tying forums, which are pretty active.

Regards,
    Scott
    I didn't mean to infer that either of you were in a competition. Recently, it just seemed to work out that Scott would post a tie, then Norm, then Scott, then Norm. I enjoyed them all, ...as always.
    Maybe a "fly tying tennis match" would have been a better descriptor. ....or not.

I have been tying some recently but not anything out of the ordinary or "post-worthy". We're having some excellent BWO and Sulphur hatches here lately so I've been concentrating on some emergers and dries to pad my supply and also to provide for a couple of non-tying friends. Any examples from either of you that I can plagiarize would be appreciated.

I haven't been tying much, due to all the "life issues" I have going on. Heck, I haven't been fishing much, either. But, I do come here every few days and see what folks are doing.

+ Reply to Thread