+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Fish In

Brad and Joe,
    Looks like I'll have three (3) locals attending the meet and greet. All good guys and solid fly fishermen. Also, I'll have some spirits for Marco:>)
    God Bless America

Sounds good John. If my count is correct looks like we will have about 9 folks attending. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Well, reservation at aforementioned hostel confirmed. I'll be arriving early evening on the 24th and fishin till the 29th. Looking forward to seeing y'all and putting some lip pain on a few denizens.
    John, thanks in advance for the "spirits" consideration and rest assured I will not arrive empty handed in return.

Mark
    Having stated all above, my "usual signature" would be inappropriate.

Mark,
    Nice catch! Hopefully, the rivers will reward you appropriately.
    God Bless America

Default Meet and Greet

Brad and Joe,
    We have plenty of plates, cups an flat ware for the event. Don't bother about that. I'll have a grill and the fire pit will be blazing to ward off the flying things. I'll also have some soft drinks and/or mixing material. Hope the weather cooperates.
    God Bless America

John, Brad,
    Since this is a meeting of like minded dudes who may have traveled 100 to 500 miles to get TOGETHER, let's COMMUNICATE as to what WE are going to be doing and where we will be fishing on EACH day rather than "HI" at the meet and greet and then "you're on your own". Many of us , I include myself, have a clue as to what the "Holy waters" are capable of. I've seen pics of grins holding 25" Browns , but NOT in my hands.
    COMMUNICATION will spell the success or failure of this MIFI and those to follow. We don't need to fill our creels or hook that 25" but lets do stuff "TOGETHER". There will only be 6 or 9 of us and THAT should not be a challenge.

Mark

"That being said ............................." AGAIN, inappropriate in this context, for which apologies are extended.

Mark

Mark,
    What makes you think we don't communicate?:>) Seriously, some do fish together in their favorite spots, but no necessarily in the AuSable. The Manistee an Black rivers are also worth a day or so. The only way you will get a 25"er is with a guide further down stream in the big water, NORMALLY. I have a friend coming who know the North Branch very well and another who has some spots on the South Branch that he may reveal. Yes, let's talk. Personally, at my age, I like fishing with someone else in shouting distance.

I haven't seen any Hex at my place yet, but there have been some reports further down stream. The hot flies in the Holy Water change daily, but right now, Yellow Sallys, Purple Haze, Skunks and sulfurs are doing well. I see a few nymph fishermen come by. Wouldn't hurt to have a weighted dropper on a Skunk. I caught one the other day on a dropper. There should be a good crowd of locals here on Monday who fish more than I do with good information. See you on Monday if not before.
    God Bless America

John,
    I'm looking forward to it .
    Mark

BTW My cell # is 312-513-8708 ( well known to all IRS , lower credit card interest and Nairobi prince millions awaiting me scammers)
    Last edited by Marco; 06-23-2018 at 12:44 AM.

It is highly unusual that any brown that big will be caught in the light of day. Are they in the Holy Waters? Absolutely. I have seen them. Are they easy to catch? NO! Like John says, night fishing with a guide is almost a must. Good luck getting a guide this time of year on such short notice. I lost the big fish syndrome many years ago. If I catch one, fine. If I don't, fine. I would rather catch 30 smaller fish than pound the river all night for maybe one fish. I have done this on many occasions this time of year on the Holy Waters. Catch 30 fish, that is.

Hey John, when you say skunk, do you mean the original version, or the newer updated version. I would guess 16-18 on sizes? I am in Grayling right now attending the Rodmakers at Grayrock. Sam Sure was by this morning with the fishing report. Sounds like isos in the evening right now. Not many hex around at the moment, but with the warmer temperatures later next week, that will change. Should be down at Gates Sinday afternoon.
    See you all soon,
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread