+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Fish In

Mark,
    There will be plenty of stash for all. Hope you and Luba can attend. Sure would be nice to get this event as active as in the old days. Of course, we don't have Jim Birkholm (Castwell) and Deanna Travis attending any more, but there is plenty of experience among the remaining group to make it educational and entertaining for new folks to enjoy. I hope we can all regenerate interest by bringing one or two friends to carry on. Who knows, maybe some of the originals will make I back this year. Brad and Joe will be publishing the final schedule of events shortly.
    God Bless America

Update on the Meet and Greet....
    This will take place on Monday, June 25. The location will be JonCampbell's home located off of Whirpool Rd. I will let John post the actual address to his home. Turn on Whirpool Rd and go down to the last road on the right, turn right and John's home is about 1/4 to 3/8 of a mile on the left. There is parking across the road from the house.
    Anyone in the Grayling area that reads this is welcome. Come on out and make yourself known, we would love to meet you!
    We will try and get started around 4:30 pm. Meet everyone, have a drink or two, tell some lies and then try and eat around 6:00 pm. That will give us time to hit the water after dinner.
    We will be having venison burgers, brats, potato salad, and all the trimmings. Please bring your own beverages and throw in a chair if possible. All of the plates, utensils and cups will be furnished. We plan on breaking out the finest paper and plastic that money can buy!
    If you plan on coming, just let me know so we will have food for all.
    See you all on the 25 th.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Could someone post a picture of JC's bench here? I would like to see it even though I can't make it to the Michigan Fish-in.

I have one, but don't know how to upload to this site. Help?
    God Bless America

Across the top of the quick reply window is a bar of options. Just to the right of the smiley face for emoticons is a rectangle of four symbols. The third symbol will say image if you hover over it. If you click on it a window will appear. If you have the picture in you computer hit the from computer button. Then use the browse function to locate the picture (probably in pictures) on your computer and click on it. You may have to edit the pixel size to allow uploading. The site will tell you if that is so. I'll try to locate some of the pictures I took of the dedication but I'm not sure which memory stick they are on.
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 06-19-2018 at 03:49 AM.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

June 10 20010 (7) edited smaller.jpg I couldn't find the bench pictures. This was probably my best picture from that week. I uploaded it as described above after editing it down under 5 megapixels.

Thank you! Some of you probably remember me. I was planning to go to the Michigan In to meet JC one year and heard the news of his passing. Over the years, I have conversed with him here many times. He was always very kind to me. I hope to see you all someday.

Well Rainbow I tried exactly what you instructed above and when I punch upload file nothing happens. I also cropped the photo to make it smaller. Nothing. Hint?
    God Bless America

Cropping does not reduce the megapixels count very much. Pictures taken with a high resolution camera need to be edited to reduce the number of megapixels. Most photo editing programs will let you do this but I don't know which program you are using so cannot give any advice. I have sent you a p.m. with my e-mail address. If you send me the picture I will post it.

Rainbow,
    Well, I tried sending the address you gave, but it was rejected. Are you sure you gave me the correct address? Maybe there is something wrong on my end, but haven't had other problems with sending attachments. I'll give it to someone at the MIFI on a flash drive. Sorry.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread