+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where were you?

5th grade classroom. We heard the announcement and could not believe it.

In study hall, 12th grade. Had a date that night with Polly Patrick to see John Wayne in Hatari. Mr. Monroe, the superintendent of the school announced it over the PA, seems like he may have allowed those of us in the library come into his office and see the news on his television set.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Doing the state required physical proficiency test at University of Illinois at Navy Pier, Chicago. The news was relayed to us via the pa system and then later over the TV via a teary eyed Walter Cronkite.

Mark

High school chemistry class. The teacher made the announcement and then they dismissed us for the rest of the day.

Guiding some duck hunters on Rucker ranch in Norman, OK. Drove to town to buy more shotgun shells and heard the news on the radio. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

at a college for an admissions interview. we were all so stunned we just kept keeping on keeping on. that evening, back home with the TV it began to sink in. gee whiz, that was one magnificent funeral, wasn't it? [got into the college, and went.]
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

I was in detention hall for my math teacher Mrs. Wharton. I'm not really certain why I was in detention, but I am very certain that I deserved to be there. It's funny how some moments like this stay with you for life where you remember where you were at a certain moment in history.

Jim Smith

I was out on my route peddling my wears and heard the first report at one of my stops. Then as I continued on kept getting updates, then came the final one! To say I was devastated is a gross understatement.

Sitting in chemistry class, my junior year. Nancy Aust (the second girl to break my heart) came in crying and announced the news.
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Was on the stock room floor of JC Penny's working as a stock clerk. Gut wrenching news for sure....
    ....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread