+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kudos to Stonfo

Default Kudos to Stonfo

I somehow lost the little magnetic pick that allows you to pick up hooks out of my Stonfo hook box, so wrote them asking if there was anywhere I could get another, and within a day here's the reply that they will send me one - free.Sounds like this newish company is really trying.

Customer Service ........ when you are on the receiving end you never forget it. Glad things worked out so well.

I'm of the "strange bird" genus. I don't praise customer service, I EXPECT IT. Warranty issues notwithstanding, I expect NOTHING for FREE and I don't WANT it for FREE. I want the business I chose to deal with to STAY in business and it won't if they stay hostage to " it's a great place cuz they sent me somthin for nuthin".
    Herefishy, I'm sure you would have posted similar kudos had Stonfo replied to your request instantly ( VERY important), stated a cost and a "reasonable" shipping charge. I'm also sure you weren't expecting "FREE".
    About a hunnert years ago, I lost/broke the tip section of my FIRST Eagle Claw, YELLOW fly rod ( $ 15 max). I sent in the butt section in hope that a match could be found. They sent me a complete new rod .I was astounded. Were it MY fly rod company, I would HONESTLY have written back "we're very sorry, but that product line has LONG AGO been discontinued and parts are no longer available. Needless to say, I appreciated the gesture but.....................I am also a businessman .
    There are MANY other ways to build good will.

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 05-17-2017 at 11:23 PM.

That's essentially what I was saying Marco, my hope was just that I could get the part, never dreamed it would be free.

+ Reply to Thread