+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norvise Price Changes

Default Norvise Price Changes

Perhaps now a good time to get accessories. The vise is going from $295 to $395....and the website says free shipping limited time.

Starting the first of January 2017 the following changes will become effective. (Click
    Link) - https://norvise.com/pdfs/Newsletter2017pricechanges.pdf

Blog Entries

The Nor-Vise is a great vise, I own two of them. Norm is a very dedicated fly tyer and naturally, when he is using his vise it is like a fine tuned instrument.

I highly recommend th Nor-Vise.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I was given one to try, the bobbin is the first thing I would get rid of.

I have tied on a couple of "higher-end" vices and finally settled on the Nor-Vise. It works perfect for me and as far as the bobbins, once you get used to tieing with one (it took me about two hours), I would never go back. Love the products and every time I've contacted Norm about something, he gets right back to me and always provides outstanding customer service. If anyone is considering getting a Nor-Vise, now is certainly the best time to treat yourself to an early Christmas present.

Jim Smith

I too have a Nor-Vise. It is a great vise, though sometimes I wish I had a bit more room behind the hook. Norm's customer service is fantastic. I had an issue with the fine point jaws, he personally called me to get the full story and replaced them.

If anyone has Norvise bobbins they do not like and would part with them cheap....please let me know. I will buy them.
    Jim

I have two Nor-Vises, and quite a few of the bobbins. I think they are the best!

It seems interesting to me. I have been out of state and away from my Norvise for 2 years. So I have not tied on it much yet. So a rookie at it. But....all this time I have had many people say they do not like the Norvise bobbins. One man said they were junk. Every time I heard this I offered to buy them from them....and NOT ONE has taken me up on it. No one seems to want to part with them. Just bash them? At $45 bucks apiece I cannot afford to buy as many as I would like to have. I only have one.....

You don't really need more than 2 or 3 bobbins. What you need is multiple spools and they only cost $35 for ten at Norm's site. It only takes 2-3 minutes to swap out a spool on a bobbin. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

Have many bobbins and LOTS of spools. The lazy bug bites us quite often so we have many spools loaded with white thread and have several magic markers strewn around to color the final foot of string when tying. We also sometimes use an old bobbin with colored thread and go over an 'off' color head. The very first thing we miss when tying while "away" is the Nor bobbin.
    Just old and lazy.....
    ....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread