+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone Remember This Flyfisher?

Default Anyone Remember This Flyfisher?

I'm trying to remember a guy that used to host a flyfishing show on Michigan Public TV several years ago. I can't recall his name.First name might have been Glen. It was a decent show. He often did a feature on a fishing locale & did a demo of a fly pattern. He was a pretty big guy with a beard.
    A couple of his shows were about : fishing the Kootenai River in Montana &
    Fishing Wisconsin Spring Creeks. Anyone remember him? Thanks

------------------
    EDW
    "I love fishing too much to risk my life at it-death can really cut into your fishing time" AK Best

The show is called "Flyfishing With Glen Blackwood" He owns "Great Lakes Flyfishing Co." in Rockford, MI. His show is on WGVU out of Grand Rapids, Sundays at 12:30
    Bill

Remember the Michigan Fish-IN

Thanks that's whom I was looking for. I wish his show was on around the Detroit Metro Area.

Wait 'till the FI,, blow that show right outta the water!!! Well,,, maybe...
    Hope you all can make the Michigan one. More things in the works than ever before.

Eric, when I lived near Detroit I tried to get a letter writing campaign to have the local PBS station carry Glen's show. From what I'm told, it doesn't take many people to get the attention of local stations.
    You might want to try to do the same through: [url=http://www.michigan-sportsman.com:811ce]www.michiga-sportsman.com[/url:811ce] , in the fly fishing section there. It may seem slow in that area but there are tons of lurkers waiting to pounce on an issue!(I hope posting this link is okay with The Lady and Mr. Castwell!)
    I loved Glen's show. The pace was always right and he seemed unpretentious. The tying section was always a highlight.
    Good luck with it!

I met Glenn at the FFF conclave I think at Grand Rapids and bought a series of tapes of his shows from him. Then, two years ago I ran into him at the first Chicago FF Show. He had a booth and was selling used books at that show. Nice guy. Down to earth FF program. Regular guy kind of thing...

A few years back I was a cinematographer for 'Michigan Outdoors'. Fella named Mort Neff ran the program. Then Jerry Chiapetta took over the TV spotlight for a while. Why would I be against you mentioning Glen's show?????????????

Jackster.
    Used to a member of that forum site but quit. Got some nasty pm's & emails from some on topics I voiced my opinion on. I was a member over 3 years
    I remember the old Mort Neff program too. Glen's program used to run on WFUM public TV a few years back but it was discontinued there. I might write him or the shop he owns & inquire about buying some copies of his shows if they are available.

+ Reply to Thread