+ Reply to Thread

Thread: have any of you had these days??

Default have any of you had these days??

So today after work, i headed home, and my mom wanted me to go get some hay for her, at the same time i wanted to go fishing. but i decided to be a good kid and went and got hay for her. here comes the bad part. on the way there my friend all of a sudden got stung 5 times, and i look down at my shorts,and saw bees all over me. so i was trying to be calm and not make them mad, slowed down to 30 mph or so, and tryed to get them off with my hat. all of a sudden i was bouncing around in the ditch, and i knew my 2 wheel drive toyota wouldnt make it back out so i stepped on it and bounced back out. i got bad dents in the front panel of my truck, and a broken window. the good knews is that its a peace of crap truck, and i dont really care about it cause im getting a new one soon, and NO one was hurt. plus i caught my first steelhead yay.

just thought i would tell you guys.

Lucky they weren't killer bees ! They'll wait for you to surface should one jump into water to escape them !

We're going to have to change your moniker from fishy guts to "Dances with Bees."
    I used to have a truck like that. An old Mazda. It would go where there were no roads, then to clean it I would just hose it out. I kind of miss that old truck.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Hey there FG,
    Sounds like in the long run your story had more good news than bad. A "first" steelhead? So what's a few bees??

Mark

------------------
    Yes, I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

Congratulations on the steelhead! I've yet to have the honor, other than a few smolts. Your bee driving certainly showed grace under pressure.

Back in the seventies, I was driving along having a uh, smoke, when a chunk of ash dropped off the tip. This was not so apparent until the distinct burning sensation began to grow under my thigh. Steering with one hand and brushing the seat with the other, my rear about a foot off the vinyl, I paid very little attention to the weight being applied to the accelerator. Not my first concern, you understand. Still, my frantic brushing, speeding and veering had no influence whatsoever on the burning of my flesh.

Divine inspiration, or just a brief hole in the fog in my brain, lead me scratching gravel over to the shoulder as I pulled the land barge to the roadside. The ash, once caught in the cuff of my cutt-offs, was pretty well spent when finally brushed to the ground. Oh, a certain amount of dancing preceeded this discovery.

There was no fish at the end of this story, but at least there was no hole in the car seat to explain to the parents, either. I'm also thankful for deserted country roads!

Blog Entries

Trucks come and go but your first steelhead is only once. I'd call that a good day with some bumps in it lol. Glad no one got hurt more than some stings.
    How big was the fish?

Ps trucks make poor beehives.

[This message has been edited by Gnu Bee Flyer (edited 18 July 2006).]
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

at the end of the day it did end up alright, 30" 7ibs, i caught another yesterday that was 31"

When you are in a pack of bees and you get stung, even once..RUN!!! When a bee stings you it releases a theromone(sp.) that tells the other bees where to attack! You need to getaway from pack as soon as possible and as far away as you can.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Glad things went as they did for you in not wreckin or worse...Just wanted to say howdy, was wondering if you still dropped in on the site.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

bill, ive been busy lately, and havnt had time, but i still try to get on as much as possible

+ Reply to Thread