+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry To Convey

Allan,

Thanks for letting us know.

I remember fondly not only the correspondence I have had with Bill, and our bantering in the chat room, but specifically the time Bill made his trip to the Fly Tying Symposium one November just to hand over some tying tools he made for me.

A kind man. I will miss him. My thoughts go out to his family.

Best,
    Hans W

------------------
    === You have a friend in Low Places ===
    http://www.danica.com/flytier
    ===================== You have a Friend in Low Places ======================
    Hans Weilenmann, The Netherlands
    http://www.flytierspage.com
    ================================================== ==============

Very sorry to hear that Allan. Any chance you have a picture of Bill you could post so we can put a picture with the name. Did he come to any of the fish-ins? Thanks for posting...Bob

My sincerest condolences to Bills family and friends at this difficult time. I did not personally know him but I appreciated his contribution to these boards. Based on some of the above posts, he was a person that I would have been proud to add to my list of friends. May he rest in peace.

Mark

Our prayers will continue for Bill and more so for his Family. We are truly saddened by their and our loss.
    God Bless and Watch over His Family
    Bill&Jean

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for Snipe and his family.

Our community lost a great one. Ol' Bills posts were informative, friendly, & witty. My prayers go out to his loved ones. We all have benefited from his presence. Elmira, NY has lost at least 2 fine men in the last year. First was "Oldman", Bob Dial, & now Snipe. One day we will meet them again.
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!

[This message has been edited by ohiotuber (edited 16 July 2006).]
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

May you rest in peace Snipe.

Allan

WE have all lost a friend in snipe. I will continue to pray for you and the family.

He will be missed.

A good way to help in this is to write the stories you and he shared. I would love to read them. If you do it e-mail them to me.

God Bless

Harold

Dear Allan,

I'm sorry that you had to convey this bad news, but I appreciate the fact that you did it for us.

Snipe and his family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

Just thought some of you might be interested in learning a little bit about 'snipe':

- Attended Penn State University.

- Distinguished career in meteorology with the National Weather Service. In 1959 the USGS recognized him by naming an Antarctic mountain peak in his honor for his 3-year weather related research on that continent. Retired from the Weather Service in 1987.

- Active in several organizations related to the environment and betterment of trout streams. Bill was the initiator and major mover in this areas 'float stocking' programs.

- In 2002 he was honored with the TU John Woodhull Conservation award for "outstanding efforts and achievements in the fields of stream improvement and education".

His voice, ideas, efforts, friendship and companionship will be missed by all who knew him, fished with him, and those simply benefitted through his activities.

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 19 July 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread