+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry To Convey

Default Sorry To Convey

the news that 'snipe' died almost immediately after a massive stroke Thursday night. I just learned from his wife Maureen, that he was placed on life support so that he could be flown to a regional hospital where his family could gather to say goodbye and then a surgical team could harvest several of his organs for transplantations.

I don't want to make this into a eulogy other than to say that Bill was a good friend, fishing companion and a generous man(as evidenced by his final gesture).

I'm sure his wife would value hearing from the many FAOL people who've shared posts and chats with him. A card or a short note may be sent to:

Mrs. William Lavris
    95 Demarest Parkway
    Elmira, NY 14905

Allan

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Allan. My family and I will be wishing the best possible for you and Snipe's family.

------------------
    Jude
    Late to bed,
    Early to Rise,
    Guide all day,
    Tie more flies!
    www.customflys.com

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with his loved ones. No doubt he's gone where the fish are all big and stupid.

nighthawk Guest

Allan,
    Very sorry to hear that Snipe has passed. He will be missed. His family is in my prayers and so are you, Allan. Take comfort in the fact that Snipe is in a great paradise and he will be with you always.

God bless.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Allan,
    We have all lost a dear friend. Bill will be sorely missed.
    Betty

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Very saddened with this news, Our hearts go out to his wife and family.

All our best,Bill & Shari
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Allan,

I was veryt sorry to hear about Bill passing away. I will continue to pray for his wife and family during this difficult time.

Jim Smith

Allan;
    So sorry to hear of your,and our,loss.
    Snipe was on my list of members to meet "Face to Face" as well as you sir. Someday we can wet a line togather and you can share your experiance's with Snipe with me.

With heavy hearts we pray for Ol' Bill's family and friends, including those here who, like me, never met him in person but considered him a fishin' buddy. I regret that we weren't able to wet a line together, but we can certainly thank God for granting us a wonderful human companion in a world that bares its teeth at us daily.

Bill, may eternity be as peaceful as you may have imagined, and the fish large and plentiful. Keep an eye on the rest of down here!!!

Marty
    MFTG

Sorry to here about Snipe. Despite not knowing him, it sounds like he had a positive impact on many here at this sight.

My prayers go out to Snipe and his family.

+ Reply to Thread