+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old accessories

Default Old accessories

I picked up an old Orvis tackle bag; 70's maybe? It was full of all kinds of stuff. There was a booklet that came with Pflueger Medalist reels and the top of a warranty card for a Winston rod so I know the owner had good taste (reel and rod not included unfortunately ). There were about four full boxes of assorted flies and about that man loose ones, from nymphs to dries and up to a bunch of what I think are salmon flies. Quite a few big wet flies; interesting stuff that I haven't really gone through in detail yet. Anyway, included were these: you open them by squeezing them like those old plastic coin purses and they lock shut along the front edge. Both were full of flies. I have never seen these before; anyone remember them or know how old they are?

There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Interesting. Had a pair of earplugs that came in exactly the same style case from the 1970s, and I would guess the products are contemporary. At first glance, seems like a good idea, but must have been something impractical about them for them to fall into disuse.

I think the green one is to hold weights - don't know about the clear one.

I had one of the green ones from the mid 90's. It came on a lanyard with lots of clips for tools. I think it was marketed as a minimalist gear setup. A few flies and a spool of tippet are all you carried for the day.

+ Reply to Thread