+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reel seat question

I have several favorite light rods with the slide bands. Hate having reels fall off.

I use a type of tape that sticks to itself as only. A couple of wraps does the trick and it can be reused a couple of times.

Out here a lot of saltwater anglers use this stuff for finger protection. It is sold in tackle shops under the name Flex Wrap.

You may have seen this in a hospital as it is often used to secure IV lines to patients arms or to secure bandages to small wounds. It doesn't stick to hair. You can often find it it medical supply shops and drug stores.

It can also be found in pet shops under the name Vet Wrap or something similar. Usually costs less in pet stores.

I have found the stuff in big retailers like Walmart in both the pet and pharmacy sections in different packaging and labeling for different prices. The wrap can also be found in a wide range of colors and widths. The wider stuff can be cut into thinner strips.

I have used a strip of foam tape before. A 1/4" strip of one-sided foam tape (the thin white stuff) on the reel foot. Did the trick for me.

i use moleskin cut and applied to the reelfoot in thickness as needed. It works every time .

+ Reply to Thread