+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brass beads

Default brass beads

anybody have access to brass beads and small lead barbells at wholesale prices?

The search function is your friend for stuff like this. For the record, I like: www.canadianllama.com. Not sure if the prices are "wholesale" but they are a lot better than you'll find in a shop. If you really mean "wholesale" then you need the appropriate tax registration and what not to qualify (not at all sure what that entails) and then you could probably just contact the big suppliers directly.

Used to be a guy on this board who sold beads in bulk for a great price, nice quality stuff too.

Forgot his name, and don't know if he still is selling them.

i buy all my beads from a local shop in bull shoals Arkansas. im not sure that he has barbell eyes, but I can get tungsten beads from him, cheaper than I can get brass from anyone else. the place is called, whishes and fishes. I believe the web sit is flyfisharkansas.com let me know if that web site doesn't work for you, or do a web search for , whishes and fishes.

not associated with this shop from a financial stand point, just real nice people

Don't forget if you apply for a tax license you are required to pay 10 0/0 excise tax on flies you sell. The IRS will be looking for
    Your contribution, April 15 even if you do not sell any thing and will be keeping an eye on you for many years to come. So maybe the few dollars to save now could cost you a lot of headaches in the future if you're not a professional fly tyer or dealer???
    Last edited by Fishin' Jimmy; 06-09-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroixguy View Post
    Used to be a guy on this board who sold beads in bulk for a great price, nice quality stuff too.

Forgot his name, and don't know if he still is selling them.

You might be thinking of Charlie....his name was parrotheadcrb on FAOL.
    He passed away a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by john52948 View Post
    i buy all my beads from a local shop in bull shoals Arkansas. im not sure that he has barbell eyes, but I can get tungsten beads from him, cheaper than I can get brass from anyone else. the place is called, whishes and fishes. I believe the web sit is flyfisharkansas.com let me know if that web site doesn't work for you, or do a web search for , whishes and fishes.

not associated with this shop from a financial stand point, just real nice people
    This is where I get my Tungsten beads. Jim and Debbie at 'Wishes & Fishes' are great to deal with. The beads are good and they are the best price I have found.
    Jim and Charlie were somehow connected in their tungsten bead businesses until Charlie passed away. I know they were good friends.
    I'd give Jim a call and tell him what you are looking for and see what he can come up with.

Tungsten Beads:

Wishes and Fishes Fly Shop
    Jim Traylor
    Bull Shoals, AR
    870-445-3848
    http://flyfisharkansas.com/flyshop/?p=231
    Never trust quotes you find on the internet.
    Thomas Jefferson

​Gqualls on this board used to sell tungsten beads at a good price. Don't know if he still does.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Al Beatty is a good source for beads.
    For some reason my web browser won't let
    me cut ad paste the link. It's btsflyfishing.com
    Trout don't speak Latin.

The Beattys don't have a store anymore, they retired. Big loss.

+ Reply to Thread