+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repairing Renzetti Vise Head

Default Repairing Renzetti Vise Head

I currently own a Renzetti Vise that the shaft screws into the vise head . The threads on the shaft that screws into the head of vise is ok but the threads in head are stripped. How would I repair the vise so that I can use it again.
    I have contacted Renzetti and a new head would cost me $ 300 and a new vise $ 399. Thank You.

If their warranty won't cover it go to a parts store that has a machine shop and have a heli-coil put in it.

Knucks

The first thing to try is simply re-tapping the threads in the head. If that can't be done you might be able to ream the hole out oversize and press in a sleeve to be tapped. The best thing is probably to find a small fabricating shop and show them the problem. I would guess that it will be less than a half hour labor at their shop rate.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

JB Weld.....
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dr korn View Post
    JB Weld.....
    X2 on the JB Weld

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I agree, I'd try JB Weld first. If that didn't work I would tap the stripped hole and install an insert if there was adequate material to do so. Similar to a helicoil as recommended earlier.
    Grainger has hardware for everything. https://www.grainger.com/category/se...ecatalog/N-8o6

Quote Originally Posted by jdmeyer93 View Post
    I currently own a Renzetti Vise that the shaft screws into the vise head . The threads on the shaft that screws into the head of vise is ok but the threads in head are stripped. How would I repair the vise so that I can use it again.
    I have contacted Renzetti and a new head would cost me $ 300 and a new vise $ 399. Thank You.
    Will they repair the head, and if so how much would they charge to simply repair the head, rather than replace it?

Which model renzetti is your vice? I have an extra head for the presentation 3000 that I could set you up with for a whole lot less than renzetti quoted you. PM me if this would be of interest to you.

I like the idea of JB Weld but it's permanent. I think you should consider using Loctite. It'll hold but it is reversible. Fishin' Jimmy

When this problem is finally solved and the vice is repaired ,could you please let us know what happened and what you did?

+ Reply to Thread