+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Not to lek? 2016

Scott -

I really enjoy your pictures and reports. Especially when I am stuck here in PA for several more weeks before heading to MT.

John

John,

Thanks. Not sure about P Valley, but early spring bumped flows on rivers in the west side, sending a lot of rigs with 4 plates up to the tailwaters. Seems like a precursor to official runoff but it's going to warm up again next week and that might really get things going. By the time you get out here you might find some (relatively) clear water; maybe get some decent fishing up top for the big bugs.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Blog Entries

Have my 4th and last lek count of 2016 on Gunnisons next week. Had some awesome photo ops Monday morning, only to discover I had neglected to put a card in the camera. Oh well. And I am getting too old to sleep in a pickup out in the sage overnight just so I can be there before first light.

Some older pics...

Transplant bird to boost the small local population, radio and handcuff included.

Get offa my lek!

GPS tracker to help us find new leks...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    John,

Thanks. Not sure about P Valley, but early spring bumped flows on rivers in the west side, sending a lot of rigs with 4 plates up to the tailwaters. Seems like a precursor to official runoff but it's going to warm up again next week and that might really get things going. By the time you get out here you might find some (relatively) clear water; maybe get some decent fishing up top for the big bugs.

Regards,
    Scott
    Same thing happening across the state from what I hear. Snowpack went down 20% in our area in a matter of days. Hope there is enough left to keep water in the rivers all summer. We will be there before end of May in any case.

You know I have a boat and am always available for fishing if you are in our area (I can also travel some to other rivers in the area).

John

John,

Thank you for the generous offer; I'll definitely let you know if I'm coming over to your neck of the woods this year. Never have rowed a driftboat, maybe I could take a turn on the sticks thru Yankee Jim (kidding).

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Magnificent photographs! Wife and I are planning a trip to Montana later this year. This is a good earth level preview. Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread