+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy thread Bobbin Holder

Here goes, the JD Bobben was originally designed by the guy that invented the bick lighter. I really like the design and the style of these Bobins never had one cut the thread. They went out of production. A few years ago they were reintroduced to the market under their name wishbone Bobbin, they were distributed by Hairline. They came into styles long and a short tip. A search of the hairline consumer catalog did not list this product as being distributed by them at this time. I googled them and a few places still list them. Fishin' Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Lastchance,
    That is the Pertijean bobbin holder I referred to above. They are approx. $58 and more involved that the J Dorian.
    For $58 they better do something more than the J Dorian or a regular bobbin. I always wondered how those worked, but I'm not paying $58 for one.

Default Where to Find Bobbin

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin' Jimmy View Post
    Here goes, the JD Bobben was originally designed by the guy that invented the bick lighter. I really like the design and the style of these Bobins never had one cut the thread. They went out of production. A few years ago they were reintroduced to the market under their name wishbone Bobbin, they were distributed by Hairline. They came into styles long and a short tip. A search of the hairline consumer catalog did not list this product as being distributed by them at this time. I googled them and a few places still list them. Fishin' Jimmy
    Can you post some links to these bobbins? Thanks

Interesting bobbin. Do I need to spend that much? Hmmmmmm?
    Mike

Blog Entries

Melk,
    Which bobbin holder are you referring to? The Marc Petigean?

Blog Entries

Fishin Jimmy,

Are you familiar with the bobbin holder, which I believe, was called the "Spring Bob"? I have one somewhere. It is similar to the J Dorian, but much larger. Per the name, the long "nose" is "springy" (bends with little pressure). I like it for larger thread-like materials such as the uni-stretch threads.......
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 02-19-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Yes, Byron, the Petigean. But, for ease of use.
    Mike

My J Dorin bobbin is my "go to" bobbin. I've had it well over 30 years but mine doesn't have the green cushion. The ease of threading is what makes the Dorin bobbin a gem. My second favorite bobbin is the Rite bobbin.

Here is my J Doran bobbin. It is also about 35 years old. Mine used to have a smaller tube that slipped inside the larger fixed tube. The larger tube was really best suited for floss or other large materials and the smaller one for thread. I used to use the smaller removable tube to tie nail knots and lost it at some point.

I don't want to offend any of our sponsors. All I did was Google Wishbone fly tying BobbIns.
    There was a nice picture of one and it said that Jim's in West Yellowstone had some. I got mine from Badger Creek.
    Fishin' Jimmy

+ Reply to Thread