+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Flytying Forum

Default North American Flytying Forum

I know there are several members of this site that are on the N. American site and I was wondering if any of you have problems with it. I have tried going on it numerous times and continually get popup ads which slows everything down. I have an adblocker on my computer which works fine everywhere but that site. At times I can get on pretty quickly but then it will take anywhere from 10 to 60 or more seconds to move from post to post.

There is some good stuff on it but its a pain in the neck trying to navigate it. Just wondering if anybody has this problem with it and if so how they fixed it.

Thanks,
    Dave

Not sure we're talking about the same forum. I'm on the North American Fly Fishing Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Not sure we're talking about the same forum. I'm on the North American Fly Fishing Forum.
    Yea, that's the name-fly fishing, not fly tying. Do you have any problem with it?

Generally speaking I don't have any problems with that site. On occasion, late in the evening, either it will not load or it loads very slowly. I use a MacBook Pro and ads are not a problem. I use "Block pop-up windows" on my security system...it works real good !

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Thanks. I generally don't have too much of a problem with it on my I-Pad, but do when using my windows desk top and laptop. I use ADBlock and have the IE popup blocker set to high but still get the ads.

Hi Dave, You might try using Google chrome as your web explorer, its much faster than IE. Also windows 10 is a great operating system if you can get it. These might help your problem.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Thanks Paddy. I was thinking the same thing. I plan to install Windows 10 in the near future-just been procrastinating.

Generally speaking, I do not frequent that forum for exactly this reason. It is a very poorly performing site and their attempts at monetizing it has only made it worse.

Dave, I was told that if I went from windows 7 which I have, windows 10 would give me problems.
    I don't know which version you have, but you had better check with someone.
    Bob.

Haven't been over there in months and months! Just gave it a whirl, and it seemed to work well. Granted there was a column on the right of the computer screen that was full of ads, but it didn't encroach on the main page. Speed didn't seem to be effected ... not that I'd probably notice ... I am old and quite slow myself!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread