+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YIKES!!! So many flies

Default YIKES!!! So many flies

I found some time to go through some of the fly boxes I have hanging around and found that I have way too many flies for me to use, especially if I continue to tie which I do because I enjoy that aspect of the sport as well. I'd like to offer free flies to members here who are new to the sport. Please keep in mind that most of these flies are warmwater patterns for bass and crappie. Most will have the barb smashed down as I have been fishing barbless for the past 10 years or so. That said, if there are any new members that primarily fish warmwater and you'd like to add some new flies/patterns to your fly boxes for next year, please PM me. I will post another message on this thread when I run out of the surplus flies.

Take care and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Jim Smith
    Conyers, GA

Jim you are a great guy! What a nice way to start the new year. I should send you some snow from here so you can remember the joy!
    Mike

Mike, Your generosity overwhelms me With the high cost of shipping, why don't you just send me a photo of you digging out from the next big snow storm you get. In return, I'll send you a photo of me fishing in my kayak still catching bass. If the bass cool down too much, I'll just switch over to trout. I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Take care and God Bless.

Jim

That's a great gesture from a classy guy. Good stuff!!

Just a note to let folks know that I had a number of people respond and I believe that the packages I prepare for these people will use up all the "surplus" flies I have available. If I find that I have more left over, I'll post another offer.

Take care and have a very Happy New Year.

Jim Smith

I found that I have enough for one more set of 50 flies if anyone is interested. These are primarily warm water patterns with a number that branch over to cold water like wooly buggers etc. Some of these I got in swaps over the years and others were patterns that I tied and simply forgot that I had tied them as I have a LOT of stuff at my fly tying desk. Anyway, If anyone is interested, just let me know. It will be first come first served and I even pay the postage.

Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread