+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Online!

Default Back Online!

We moved to Michigan on the 1st of Nov. Arrived safe and sound, but tired, on the 2nd. I started working on the 3rd.

I still need to get a MI fishing license.

I'll try and get some pics up of some the lakes/streams around here. I know there are two lakes that get stocked, probably with Trout, and one designated Trout Stream. I think that same stream is also a "paddle trail" for canoes/kayaks. Need to check that out.

Congratulations and good luck on the move. What part of Michigan are you in? Plenty of great water in that state. I lived in Michigan years ago and still make it back to fish now and then.

We're in Jackson. My wife is from here. I've lived here before. I'm fairly familiar with the area lakes, but now I get to get acquainted with the streams.

It's always fun to get to know new waters. Enjoy!

Welcome to MI, AllenOK. I have fished the AuSable river near Grayling for years and finally bought a summer home on the river a couple of years ago. A group from FAOL hold a Fish-In on the AuSable each year around the end of June. You need to watch for that one on this site and join in. They normally congregate around Gates AuSable Lodge. I'm not sure who is organizing it for 2016.
    God Bless America

Blog Entries

Jc:
    Is your "handle" spelled the same as the late founder of FAOL?

jcampbell, that's something I may be interested in. I knew there was a group from FAOL that did that.

Allen

Since ole Jack Hise moved to Idaho, I guess I am the ringleader. The dates for next years Fish In will be from June 26 to July 3rd. If you think you want to stay at Gates, I would advise you to call ASAP. Since we are in Hex season that time of year, things fill up fast.

By the way, this will be the 11th Michigan Fish In. We usually try to have a meet and greet at gates on Monday evening to get all the new folks pointed in the proper direction for the week. This usually includes a cook out of some kind, or at least the consumption of a few adult beverages and telling of a few lies (by others of course, never me).

I will be posting more on the fish in tab as we get closer and plans become more in focus. If any one has any suggestions for events or things you would like to see at the fish in, just let me know..

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Thank you Kaboom!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Jc:
    Is your "handle" spelled the same as the late founder of FAOL?
    Not sure I follow you on that one. I guess you are referring to J. Castwell. Knew him well and there is a memorial granite bench in his honor at Gates AuSable lodge. He was always fun to have at our Fish-Ins. Personally, I've been known as JC as long as I can remember. Hope you can join the group on the AuSable next year.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread