+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About klinkhammers

Default About klinkhammers

I understand from my perusing that only the cream version can be called a Klinkhammer, the others are just parachutes. But if I were to branch out from the cream, which I guess represents a certain variety of caddis, would you tie, for example, a black one? Or gray or brown? Any experience with these?

I tie Adams colors (gray) and BWO colors (olive) all the time. Very good fish catchers. They are tied on Klinkhammer style hooks. I guess if they are not true Kilnkhammers, so be it, but I really don't care. I am not that much of a fly fishing snob to worry about things like that.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Van Klinken tyes many versions of his fly, not just with cream. He posts many examples on his face book page. There was also a very complete article in a Fly TYer Mag.

Blog Entries

A "regular" parachute floats on the surface. A Klinkenhammer floats in the film with the abdomen "hanging down".
    Please correct me if I am misstating.....................

The Klinkhammer hooks by Partridge seem like weird sizes, but if you get the Daiichi, are they more true to size??

That's my perception too, Byron.

This is the same article that appeared in Fly Tyer Magazine, Spring 2014 and why Hans only uses the Daiichi 1160 & 1167 hooks:

http://www.tomsutcliffe.co.za/fly-fi...r-special.html

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Yes, herefishy, the Daiichi hooks are true to size. The 1167 #16 is 1 centimeter from hook eye to the apex of the bend.
    I love those hooks!
    Mart

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    The Klinkhammer hooks by Partridge seem like weird sizes, but if you get the Daiichi, are they more true to size??

+ Reply to Thread