+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kreb's Baitfish Foam, Body Cutter's- Info on how to tie.

Default Kreb's Baitfish Foam, Body Cutter's- Info on how to tie.

I purchased a Kreb's Baitfish foam body cutter which didn't have any instructions with it. I can't find any instructions online for tying procedures with them and I haven't gotten a response to an email yet. Is there any specific placements for the hook, etc to give it action. Anyone tied with them yet?

I haven't but I'm adding it to my shopping list. Looking at the flies in the "add" they kinda look like tube flies. I don't see any visible hooks. The side profiles look good but I'd be willing to bet that you have to do a bit of sanding to get the rounded edges. I can't tell from the pictures if the top of the cutter is wider than the bottom. If not then you're going to have to sand it to make the belly thinner if you want the pattern to float vertical. You're working with a solid piece of foam the only options you have is to either slit the body or make a hole through it so you can insert the hook, tube or articulated shank. If you have a thinner belly and want the fly to ride vertically, I would place the hook or whatever in the top part of the fly.
    Good luck with it

I can't tell from the pictures if the top of the cutter is wider than the bottom. If not then you're going to have to sand it to make the belly thinner if you want the pattern to float vertical.
    NOOR

+ Reply to Thread