+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I sure hope I don't mess it up for Jack Hise

Default I sure hope I don't mess it up for Jack Hise

The lure of Idaho has been strong for me for more years than I can even recall so after almost 25 years in the San Francisco area my lovely wife found us a place just outside of Priest River ID. Things became a blur as we were trying to get our 2 boys into the schools here as close to the first day as we could and then our real estate agent in CA told us he would have a much easier time selling our house if we were gone by Labor Day. Will be settling in and unpacking here for some time but the boys made it for the first day of school and one day I'm sure I will manage to set the chores aside for a few hours and find a river/creek to flail about for a few hours.

Jack Hise and I have never met or even conversed but the coincidence of us moving here so close to when he did, if anything goes wrong he will have a scapegoat claiming I was the downfall of the whole Northern part of the state.

Although I've never net Jack, he seems like a nice guy on this forum. Sounds like between your boys and Jack, you've got a lot of fishing buddies.

I have met Jack and I highly recomend that you do to!
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.

I have met and fished with Jack and Brad and Luke,. So I agree with Luke you should get together and fish.
    I am hoping to get out there next year and fish with Jack.
    Last edited by stream; 09-12-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Jack is a great guy to visit and fish with. He hosted me in his TN bunk house for a couple of nights and a day of fishing. Great guy, I wish ID wasn't so far away.

Congrats on your escape from SF. It's was a nice place to visit when I was last there but living there had no appeal to me.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Aha!! Now I know why I had such a bad day over on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River Yesterday!! Beat it to a froth and only 3 refusals! Talked to the guys in one of the fly shops today and found out it was like that all over. Big weather change and wind shift, they started biting about an hour before dark. Did get to show some friends good place's to have breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as some awesome scenery Good food and beautiful scenery, 2 out of 3 isn't too bad!
    Kaboom1 is due this coming Wed. and after chasing some Cut's here we will be headed down to the St. Joe for a week. It's 120 mile drive one way so we be staying at the Big Eddy saloon, motel and campground right on the St. Joe.
    You can't do much better than a room over a bar!
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/32...661/8SLB1i.jpg

Have you fished those 2 rods I sent you? Was hoping you would blow the stink off of them before I get there! Getting all the tackle packed and I received an order fro MRO for leaders! Will be in the Dungeon making leaders most of the weekend.

See you soon, I hope!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Thank goodness Jack that you took this as the tongue in cheek like it was meant. Hope I can come down to the big city and meet you after I get through the move in.

All I can say is, "If you have a chance to fish with Jack you should do so. It's a blast!" I had a great time with him and Brad at the 2014 Michigan Fish-In!

Brad - Someday, if your willing, I'd live to take the trip with you out to see Jack and fish Idaho with you guys. You both have great time next week! Safe travels and good fishing to you all.
    Joe Bertolini

Quote Originally Posted by alra195 View Post
    All I can say is, "If you have a chance to fish with Jack you should do so. It's a blast!" I had a great time with him and Brad at the 2014 Michigan Fish-In!

Brad - Someday, if your willing, I'd live to take the trip with you out to see Jack and fish Idaho with you guys. You both have great time next week! Safe travels and good fishing to you all.
    I am thinking that Jack could meet us somewhere like Jackson Hole and we fish that part of the world for a week or 2. I would like to get another crack at YNP too. Man, so much water, so little time!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread