+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one fly rod what would it be ??

Default If you could have only one fly rod what would it be ??

If i could only have one rod it would have to be a 6wt., because it is not to light but at the same time is not to heavy. It is also easy to find lines for.

------------------
    trout, bass, sea bass i dont care its fishing. <><

One rod size? A 5wt...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

if i could only have one fly rod i would pick my far and fine 5 wt superfine orvis rod.

mike

Will work for trout, bass and can still tame a decent sized salt water fish in the wind.

I'm happy we don't have to make that decision.
    Is this a wonderful country or what?

I love my TFO 9' 6WT in the 4 piece. Casts like a cannon and is light to handle.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

If I could only have one rod it would be my Sage 691-4 XP. It does everything - trout, panfish, bass, steelhead, smaller salmon, light saltwater, you name it. A bit heavy for many trout situations but hey we're talking about one rod for everything, so this has to be it for me.

ktokj,

I fished my 691xp yesterday for the first time. It was windier than heck but I still was able to fire that rod with ease! I was still water fishing and had a ball (although I didn't catch anything ).

So, to answer the actual question, I would probably go with my 586 SP "el sueno." This could change in time as I get more involved with still water. But for the fishing I've done in the last 4 years, this is what would be the best.

But as Buzz says, thank goodness we don't have to make that decision and that's why I have a 383-3 SPL, a 586 SP, a 389-5 Stowaway, a 476 wonder rod and the 691-4 XP for all of my fishing situations .

------------------
    Tight lines,

Jeremy Barela [url=http://www.customflys.com:d4e41]www.customflys.com[/url:d4e41]

[This message has been edited by barel fly (edited 12 March 2005).]

586-2 Sage SP, by far.

------------------
    Jude
    Small flies work best. Elephants eat peanuts.
    www.customflys.com

5 wt. I have a Scott 6 wt. rod that I have yet to fish, so my vote is the 5 wt.

+ Reply to Thread