+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Someone trying to log in on my account

I think that we have to assume that the FA0L data base has been hacked. Any member who uses the password from this site for any other site or for their e mail should change those passwords immediately. I think Char should make that warning a sticky at the top of the bulletin board on all topics.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

To error on the side of caution is best so I changed my password, once I figured out how to do it then had to send some emails to verify with FAOL, but now I am back on line. My new password is...........................did you really think I would post it?
    Larry ---sagefisher---

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pillcaster View Post
    i got that message yesterday, must still be at it
    x2 same china ip
    When you arise in the morning, think of what a
    precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

I just got it minutes ago..... Damn! Guess I will change my password, etc...
    For a real challenge, try ice fishing with dry flies.

F.Y.I.

Be advised !! I'm not sure that there is a connection, but I received several unauthorized transactions on my Visa Card and I had to cancel my Visa Card and
    make a fraud report which the items were resolved.
    It's a good thing that I check my banking info quite often and caught this quickly.
    It's a new spyware that was released a little over a week ago according to Norton.
    I ran my Norton 360 and it found a Spyware which was used to collect your personal data for third parties.

Gordon

Had a couple of unauthorized FAOL account use notice attempts a few weeks ago with IP addresses, but since I hadn't been logged in for a while just deleted them.

Blog Entries

So...where can i change my password? I cannot find anything like it on my Profile
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Blog Entries

oh...Form Actions...not Profile...
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Sorry ... I'm kinda confused here. So far I do not know of any strange emails coming my way, but let me say my email provider has a good spam filter so if something was earmarked that way it would have been deleted - I don't even peek at spam. Also, so far as I know, I use a different password here then (most certainly, my credit card and bank). But my main question is even though "they" have my email address and password to this forum, what could be done beside sending me an email? And, would I not have to click on some enclosed message before my computer could become infected?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW View Post
    Sorry ... I'm kinda confused here. So far I do not know of any strange emails coming my way, but let me say my email provider has a good spam filter so if something was earmarked that way it would have been deleted - I don't even peek at spam. Also, so far as I know, I use a different password here then (most certainly, my credit card and bank). But my main question is even though "they" have my email address and password to this forum, what could be done beside sending me an email? And, would I not have to click on some enclosed message before my computer could become infected?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quite possibly bad guy is sending emails to see if they get any responses. Looking to see if the email is valid or still monitored. If they determine it is valid then they might target your email further, even if with just spam, or with an email with an embedded link with malware.

At this point I doubt the FAOL password data has been hacked presuming it was encrypted. Other elements of the user database appear to have been compromised though.

+ Reply to Thread