+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A reminder of how advanced Caucci and Nastasi were way back when

Blog Entries

Default A reminder of how advanced Caucci and Nastasi were way back when

A link reviewing their material combinations to produce great colors as advanced in their book.

http://thedelawareriverclub.com/tips...mized-dubbing/
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 01-18-2015 at 11:17 PM.

I have some of this dubbing that I bought at their fly shop on the WB of the Delaware perhaps 20 years ago. What I have is called light and dark Hendrickson dubbing. Looks like they may have changed the dubbing names now. It seemed to work okay.

I am definitely not one of their fans though, although I've got to admit being being somewhat influenced by their pattern designs.

Having fished the Upper Delaware for years prior to those damned places like Caucci's Delaware River Club, and all of the commercialization it brought to the area (not to mention all those boorish New York City-angler types that came along with it), that is the antithesis of advancement of our sport, IMO.

Blog Entries

What I admire about them is their scientific approach to all manner of things fly fishing.
    In my own favorite water, The Henry's Fork, we have famous Mike Lawson and his guiding business along with the Trouthunter. I have come to know most of the folks at both places, and they are great folks. They do, however, put a lot of folks on the river. It's much more crowded now compared to 30 years ago. But, lots more folks gt to enjoy the sport too.

I picked up their book after reading some stuff on them as well. I agree with your thoughts on their scientific approach.

the good old daze are no longer welcome to the here and now. the trout are still there and feeding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr. blur View Post
    the good old daze are no longer welcome to the here and now. the trout are still there and feeding.
    j

Some principles, once discovered, never change.

I completely agree!

My hats off to all who have invested much of their lives studying the entomology of their waters and how it applies to the catching of trout. They have helped us all. And I am thankful.

But one must never lose sight of the fact that they are in fact trout. With a brain the size of a pea. And therefore just as prone to eat a florescent Cerise SanJuan worm during the height of the Hendrickson hatch, as they are the most technical of patterns. And there is nothing in nature that looks anything like florescent Cerise. LOL

Blog Entries

How big is an ant's brain? Yet, they communicate with each other; perform differing functions in the colony; etc.; etc.....LOL

Are not the creations of God amazing, from the blending of light in colors to even His simplest creatures

+ Reply to Thread