+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Cabela's Opening in Acworth, GA

They're sure nice, but from what I've seen at a couple different locations in the last few years, don't get too excited about the fly fishing selection.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Depends on which one ya go to. The Cabelas in Boise and Reno have pretty good fly shops too. As does the BPS in Manteca, Ca. I don't shop those places, except for clearance items.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just how much time and money will you spend there and why do you need to make Cabela's a "destination"?

Mark
    PS: I have a Cabela's just about 15 miles from home in Hoffman Estates, IL and my question is based on my own evaluation because I also have "all" the stuff I'll ever need.

Geeze, I thought I made it real simple in my post ... Cabela's, at least the Dundee, Michigan location, is just a damn nice place, i.e., fishing/hunting store to stop off at, look over, browse about a bit, maybe even buy something, enjoy their lunching facility AND in my case use their back parking lot for the nightly lay-over (which I really appreciated). Certainly does not mean I have to give them all my hard earned fly fishing funds, or they have the best of everything, it simply is a great sporting goods place to stop at.

PS: I have a Cabela's just about 15 miles from home in Hoffman Estates, IL and my question is based on my own evaluation because I also have "all" the stuff I'll ever need.
    This is a great store. All my camping gear came from here.

Out of PURE curiosity,based on my own habits.
    The assumption is made that all of you respondants to this thread have ALL or a whole bunch of equipment , fishing or otherwise, that you'll ever need. Just how much time and money will you spend there and why do you need to make Cabela's a "destination"?

Mark
    Hi Marco
    LOL! All I can say is that a real fly fisher and tyer never has enough stuff. That's part of the charm of the sport. Ha! Sure, I have enough for several lifestimes, but it's fun to try out new stuff. I'll admit I love to buy.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW View Post
    ... it simply is a great sporting goods place to stop at.
    This ^^^^

I'm hoping they have some ammo. Bass Pro has been low for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    This ^^^^

I'm hoping they have some ammo. Bass Pro has been low for awhile now.
    Everything but 22lr. Getting close to 2 years since I've seen ANY on any store shelves anywhere. Everything else is back up to speed. Cabela's flagship store in Pa has more 223 and 9mm than you could ever carry, but still no 22lr. Same with the local BPS.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post
    Everything but 22lr. Getting close to 2 years since I've seen ANY on any store shelves anywhere. Everything else is back up to speed. Cabela's flagship store in Pa has more 223 and 9mm than you could ever carry, but still no 22lr. Same with the local BPS.

I've bought some camp items from this outfit before but never any ammo. But for what it's worth ...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...mo?d=121&c=417

Dale W,
    Please note that I made no reference nor questioned your input post and, such as it was, it's appreciated. This is Jack's post and I apologize for the UNINTENTIONAL hijack. Mine is/was a general question based on pure curiosity and my own shopping habits. I'm in and out of ANY store in much less than 30 minutes. If you wish to spend the night in the, Cabela's, parking lot awaiting the breakfast special , well and good. I prefer the Michelin 5 STAR Waffle House. In any case, many tight lines to you .

Mark

I made this post thinking that some of the members located in the South East might like to hook up at the new Cabela's for lunch. I thought it would be a fun thing to do but it looks like all I've done is start a P.....g contest. Sorry I said anything!

+ Reply to Thread