+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No one else may care

Default No one else may care

But, I am betting Ed D a little happier and very pleased the Vanderbilt University Commodores defeated a very good University of Virginia Cavalier baseball team to claim the NCAA Division 1 baseball championship. Although, I do not usually qualify as a Vandy fan this week I was. Congrats to Vandy and Ed D.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I thought they should have just given the series to them after the 9 run inning in the first game. I was surprised the Cavs managed to make it a close game.
    Bob

UVA is a very good baseball team, they had a terrible inning and still almost won the game. The Cavs don't have to take a back seat to anyone. It will be interesting (more so I hope) next year with the new ball and I hope they make some more changes to bring the long ball back.

Sure enjoyed CWS real baseball I don't like pro sports but get into college . I am a UT fan hard to rut for Dores but I did. Just wonder if Dores can keep The coach he a great baseball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    UVA is a very good baseball team, they had a terrible inning and still almost won the game. The Cavs don't have to take a back seat to anyone. It will be interesting (more so I hope) next year with the new ball and I hope they make some more changes to bring the long ball back.
    No, I agree. Most teams would have just folded mentally after that trouncing. The fact that they almost tied it was very impressive.
    Bob

Uncle Jesse,
    There were only two problems with your hypothesis. First, I hadn't seen the news. Second, although both parents and my sister went to Vandy, I am a UT alum. (Vandy didn't offer forestry.) Still I am pleased for them. This is only the second time they have won a Division 1 title, IIRC. Their first was on women's bowling! I have to admit that I have never considered Vandy to be a seat of bowling excellence.

All that aside, Vandy has made a genuine commitment to baseball and their coach is, obviously, excellent. He is from New England. I wonder if he fly fishes...

Kudos to the Cavs who are nobody patsies in any sport or endeavor.

Regards,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    I am a UT fan hard to rut for Dores but I did.
    I understand your feelings, had Ole Miss made it to the finals I most likely would not have watch and cannot conceive of pulling for them, although my brother the LSU fan did.

+ Reply to Thread