+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flt Tyers dungeon

Default Flt Tyers dungeon

Just have to say that I used them for the first time recently and was very dissapointed, made an order paid and found out today, after having to email them, that the order was posted out YESTERDAY. all I can say is scandelous. anyone on here had experience with this online shop?
    Last edited by Garic; 06-18-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Garic,

I've had good and bad experiences with the Dungeon; some orders have arrived in a few days, others took weeks (those were usually around the Christmas holidays when the staff, what there is of it, seems to get overwhelmed). The one constant has been an almost complete lack of communication from them if there are any issues.
    Saying all that, I'll continue to deal with them because I love Congo Hair; I just won't wait till I need it to buy it. If my supply is halfway depleted, I'll put in an order so the Dungeonmaster will have plenty of time to get it to me.

Regards,
    Scott

lol, congo hair, seems to be the thing from them. if you dont mind me asking, what do you use it for?

Garic,

Wings on dry flies

bodies (twisted shown here)

shucks

indicators

Everglades baitfish (substitute for EP fibers)

A lot cheaper than EP fibers, almost as many colors, and for me, it works just as well

Regards,
    Scott

Hae you ever tried using it to make indicators? thats the reason I bought it, hope i did the right thing

Garic,

No I haven't, but based on it's ability to shed water (like other polypropylene yarns), it should work fine for you.

Regards,
    Scott

ok, cheers Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Garic View Post
    Just have to say that I used them for the first time recently and was very dissapointed, made an order paid and found out today, after having to email them, that the order was posted out YESTERDAY. all I can say is scandelous. anyone on here had experience with this online shop?
    It's not that scandalous, if you understand that (as I understand) this is a one-man, part-time operation. The Dungeon has long had a reputation for shipping when he can, is able or whatever... While some folks won't order from him due to this, others are more than pleased with his quality, pricing and "extras". We understand the entity with whom we're dealing and continue to order from him... I have ordered from the Dungeon before and will again...

Bowfin47
    Member of the IFFF since 1984
    Life member IFFF
    Never trust quotes you find on the internet.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bowfin47 View Post
    It's not that scandalous, if you understand that (as I understand) this is a one-man, part-time operation. The Dungeon has long had a reputation for shipping when he can, is able or whatever... While some folks won't order from him due to this, others are more than pleased with his quality, pricing and "extras". We understand the entity with whom we're dealing and continue to order from him... I have ordered from the Dungeon before and will again...

Bowfin47
    Member of the IFFF since 1984
    Life member IFFF
    3weeks from order to dispatch without any communication isnt scandalous?
    Sorry but unless its stated somewhere on his site that he is a one man band and orders would take so long, IT IS

I suggest that you don't buy from him anymore and instead buy EP fibers at more than 3 times the price. That is the trade-off. Now you know. I will continue to buy from him because to me the price is worth the wait.

+ Reply to Thread