+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BOO, how did this happen to me

Default BOO, how did this happen to me

I am presently having a rod built for me (graphite) and I am sure it is going to be awsome. With that said I am also considering ordering a Boo rod. Hopefully I will be going to cast a few in the next month and then make an order. What is others take on quads verse traditional hex as far as feel, durability, ect... Also does anyone know a cure for this addiction, I cant say that I wasnt warned by many on the site Thanks

Wireguy

Hey Wire,

We tried to warn ya, didn't we? You have no one to blame for this addiction but yourself. Welcome to the dark side.

I've got a few hex rods and one quad. I absolutley love the quad. Faster action than the hex's, lighter in the hand (not as much bamboo) and an absolute joy to use.

VEE, my wife, on the other hand, prefers a certain hex rod she had the opportunity to cast over the quads that were available for her to try.

If you want particulars, drop me an e-mail. E-mail addy is in my profile.

REE

[This message has been edited by Ron Eagle Elk (edited 12 June 2006).]
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

YES,,,,

(come to the Michigan FI,,, cast several cane rods) (before you custom order stuff)

AHH, you are being seduced by the dark side, there is no cure!!! Welcome my friend.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

If I had my druthers, I guess I would choose a quad, but then again the hex's feel so great too. think I will try one of JC's recommendations and try one downstream, one up stream and just fish them both at the same time.....

ld

I will be bringing the Indian Goddess "Durga" with me to the Michigan fish-in. As you already know Durga has eight arms and can test out four rods at the same time. I figure a hex, quad, graphite and an old wonderrod should make things simple in the final analogy. Will there by any curry chicken at the campfire for Durga or should I just plan on takeout?

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

hehee...take out at a fish in, pretty cool but sort of blasphemous jonezee...we'll either have to keep that under our hat or it will go all the way to the top!!

Dleo, I will bring curry, I am sure we can rustle up a wing or two. You are right....I went over the top on this one. Probably a curry slider will work just once.

[This message has been edited by Jonezee (edited 12 June 2006).]

TAKEOUT??? At OUR Fish-IN?? Why Jonezee, I'll activate me Pirate side & make ya walk the plank (aka divin' board)!!
    I MAY, however, be enticed into cookin' up 10 or 20 (or 30) pounds of my own recipe Buffalo Wings one night. Mike Murgida has had them & thinks I should do a bunch 1 night while flytying ( & BS'ing) is going on. Do I have any requests? Let me know as I usually do 10 lbs, but did 30 lbs for my sons' HS graduation.....but NO curry!
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread