+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oldest Active Flyfisherman Here?

It's really encouraging to hear from all of you.
    Just get a pair of those SPIKE CLEATED BOOTS and carefully watch the slippery slope.

God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    This is a very encouraging thread, as a youngster of 68 I feel like I may have another 20 years or so of fishing (if I can eliminate that flipping of float tube type action). I talked to my 88 year old mom last night and she was wanting to get out and cut her grass, except she now has trouble starting her mower.
    Since you are a dutiful son and gentleman you know what to do, start her lawnmower for her.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
    Since you are a dutiful son and gentleman you know what to do, start her lawnmower for her.

Ed
    buy her electric start!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post

Ed
    It's 525 miles to Mom's house, I will probably be down next month wearing my carpenter's cap.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    It's 525 miles to Mom's house, I will probably be down next month wearing my carpenter's cap.
    Time to hire the neighbor kid to do her lawn.

Was talking with my wife last night & told her I'll be 50 in a couple years and didnt see me making 70 since I havent taken very good care of myself, ya'll are inspiring & motivating, my new hero's.

Quote Originally Posted by BR-549 View Post
    Was talking with my wife last night & told her I'll be 50 in a couple years and didnt see me making 70 since I havent taken very good care of myself, ya'll are inspiring & motivating, my new hero's.
    Man, I've got kids that old. You haven't even made it to the top of the hill yet. One thing you should never forget-You are only as old as you THINK you are. And another thing-"The older I get, the better I wuz".

Like your posting name. I remember that one.

George

Well, having to ease off in the wading department is one thing, but there is another seldom discussed point - I noted this beginning to happen when I reached about 75, and that's when young, attractive women begin to call you "sir" ... it dawns on you that you have really reached the slope after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW View Post
    when young, attractive women begin to call you "sir" ... it dawns on you that you have really reached the slope after all.
    And the one that gets me the worst is being called "mister". Agree with you there Dale.

George

Lucky ones on here ,I am only 48 and in a fib,will go in the hospital April 8th to try rhythmic drug to get me back in normal sinus rhythm.Feel more like some of the ages listed.Been selling of some overstocked conventional tackle that I simply don't need.All I can do now is look at my equipment,just too tired to use it.

+ Reply to Thread