+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Out of Stock".....

Call them and ask where you can but one, Or enroll in a 12 step program for OCD.

Petit Jean
    Fish Equipment SA
    Phone +41 26 481 17 79
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Jesse
    I mentioned, in my first post, that I contacted Petijean and was told the manufacturer hadn't completed the new batch to be sent to the US at Hareline.
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 02-10-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks for posting up the item you are looking for. I am pretty sure I don't have one in my stock of unused vises (tic). Good luck with you search.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Whoa! They think quite highly of that vise, don't they??!!
    Very pretty.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Once again.....the point of my post is that fly shops advertise these pricey items but do not have them in stock. They take your order, and your money, and then they order it from their supplier. So the shop has no investment in their inventory of the item. If the distributor would sell them directly to the consumer, the consumer would get the item much quicker. So, what service does the shop provide?

It does not seem right.

I know what you mean. I've run into that a few times myself.

Kind of like the ol' "Bait and switch" routine......errrrr "Bait and wait".

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Once again.....the point of my post is that fly shops advertise these pricey items but do not have them in stock. They take your order, and your money, and then they order it from their supplier. So the shop has no investment in their inventory of the item. If the distributor would sell them directly to the consumer, the consumer would get the item much quicker. So, what service does the shop provide?

It does not seem right.
    It is not right for any retailer to lie about stock or availability. The shop is just a middle-man, taking dollars out of your pocket and potentially having the item shipped to you directly from the manufacturer in the end anyhow. I do everything I can to avoid situations like that. Why not let it be known which retailers are giving you the run-around?

On the other hand, perhaps because this vise is on the extreme luxury end of the spectrum, the manufacturer feels that if you have the money to spend on it, you also have the time to wait on it? In the end, money does equal time. They say it can't buy happiness, but it certainly does buy time, and time is happiness.

That in no way excuses a retailer from not being honest and up front about availability.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

Reminds me of the old saying,

"Money cannot buy happiness; But money can buy things that make me happy!"
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

I think you are blaming the wrong people for misrepresenting the availability of products here. The retailer is offering the product based on promises they received from the manufacturer. When the manufacturer fails to come through they can only pass on the information they are given by a salesman who has already proven to be unreliable. This product seems to have been marketed more than the manufacturing process can support.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

Shops, and ebay sellers, can indicate a product is "not currently available " or "out of stock".
    In a couple of cases, when I specifically asked if the item was in stock, they said they would check and later said it was not in stock.

+ Reply to Thread