+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Magazine part 2

I got mine, didn't like it. Then I got the invoice a few days afterwards and wrote cancel on it and sent it back.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Fatman Guest

Got mine and while it's okay way too many adds and $20 for 4 more issues I'll pass.

I got my issue and all I can say is it is a lot better magazine than FFM.

Someone above said there wasn't much on warmwater fishing? There is a great article on fly fishing for the Smallmouth of the Shenandoah River in VA there is also two articles on saltwater fishing. All warmwater as far as I know?

There is also a great article on the Margaree River in Nova Scotia. Great Photo's.

Another great article on John Atherton and seveal other good reading articles.

The only one that I didn't think should have been in it was the article on Alaska but I guess eastern people want to read about Alaska just like others in this country do?

Over all I think it is a step "UP" from the normal garbbage out there. I am real hard on magaines to start with the only other one that I will read now and then is Fly Fishing and Tying Journal. Just my opinion. Ron

I got an invoice wanting payment on 3/15, but no magazine yet. Sent them an e-mail, no reply yet. Customer service appears poor.

For a 'kiss and tell' location oriented magazine it's not too bad. I just hate that type of exposure though when too-specific details are given about a favorite spot.
    I have to say though, that article about the Ausable almost brought a tear to my eye!
    Dang, I miss that water!

I got my free copy of Eastern Fly Fishing and I was really impressed, I think there are some better fly fishing publications out there
    FFC

+ Reply to Thread