+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new rod time

Default new rod time

well ive decided i need another fly rod.
    im looking at something @ 7'6"
    3wt

thinking of
    st croix avid 7'9" 4pc
    elkhorn 7'6" 2pc
    echo clasic 7'6" pc

any feedback on these rods? or maybe somehting else comparable.

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

I fish other Elkhorn rods and I think they are a great deal. Nothing buy complements from me.

jed

mdram;
    I posted for information/feed back on the Elk Horn 7' 6" bamboo and received so much positive feed back I ordered one!!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

hhmmm i forgot about TFO, how bad of me, lol

------------------
    --------
    roger
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Check out Global doRbeR at the sponsor's page here, they have more 3 wts. than any maker I know. And some real bargains.

Roger,

If you have the means, Backwater Angler sells the St. Croix Avid (new IPC model) 7'9" or 8' 3wt. I think Theaux has 'em for a tick over or under $200.

I have cast that, a T&T, and some other 3wts and I'll be buying that St. Croix as soon as the prime minister of finance gives me the nod. I'm expecting a father's day gift anyway!

I have a TFO 8' 4wt that is outstanding for the Gunpowder. It casts some big streamers from time to time and has handled trout over 20".

If money is a factor, which it is for me, I don't feel terribly guilty about buying used from people here or going with Cabela's. But the more I am out at the fly shop, the more I wish I could give those guys my business on higher-ticket items. They're a super bunch up there at BWA.

Take care and good luck!

Marty

ive found what i consider a sweet deal on a legend ultra(7'9" 4pc 3wt) with teton tioga 2, backing, and line (Scientific Anglers Mastery Trout or XPS WF3F or DT3F Fly Line) for just over 350. its becoming very tempting.

i still have to stop by my local shop, salisbury fly shop, and see what mason has.
    the 8'6" 5wt worked well, but i just want the option of something smaller too
    ------------------
    --------
    roger

[This message has been edited by mdram (edited 07 June 2006).]
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Go with the St. Croix. Made in the USA.

I have the Echo Classic 7'6" 3 wt. and really love it for small streams and even most of the medium sized streams I fish. It casts beautifully (I liked it much better than the Echo pro, which also casts pretty nice).
    my 2 cents,
    Randy

------------------
    ~Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
    Jack Handy~
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

+ Reply to Thread