+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garbage Out!

Default Garbage Out!

I only have 17 more times to take the garbage out, before the Idaho Fish-In. This will be only the 2nd time I've been there, but the wait is killing me. The last time I was there, the October Caddis hatch was thick. Lot's of folks from FAOL were there from all over the country. Al Campbell was even there. I believe it was his last FAOL sanctioned fish-in. What a blessing it was to meet him. I miss him.
    This year's Fish-In promises to be a just as good as any of them. The water table is up where it belongs. The cyclical weather patterns are building up to perfect conditions. I'm sure the Caddis flies will cooperate. All we need is friends around the campfire at night, sharing stories, (lies) singing folk songs, and planning what flies to take fishing the next day. If you need lots of fish and easy access, there is the Selway. If you need some seclution, more difficult access, and fewer but bigger fish, there is the Lochsa. If you need the most pleasant and relaxing camp ever, there is the resort at Three Rivers.
    I look forward to meeting everyone who shows up. It's going to be great.
    Thanks for our hosts; Denny, Les, and Ron & Vickie. And thanks to our Lord for creating such a place. It's going to be fun.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe

[This message has been edited by Lotech (edited 25 May 2006).]
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Joe,

That's a heck of a way to count down to the Fish-In.

I've been tying some BIG October Caddis in preparation for the trip, along with some smaller cinnamon caddis, a few ants of various colors and even some wet flies (sorry JC, but no nymphs).

See ya at Lowell.

REE

[This message has been edited by Ron Eagle Elk (edited 25 May 2006).]
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Lotech:

How often do they pick up your trash ?

C-Bob,
    Once a week. I wish is was every day. Then the Fish-In would only be less than 3 weeks away.
    MAN, this is going to be great.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Same here..I was curious how long of a wait that you had. These fish-ins sound like a lot of fun..good fishing, good people, good outdoors..

It's nice that you have something to look forward to which gets the adrenaline pumping..Sure helps get ya through the work week..

I get pumped up when I know I'm going to get out fishing anywhere..

Well hopefully the time passes quickly for you...I look forward to hearing about your trip once you get back....

+ Reply to Thread