+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TFO Pro

Default TFO Pro

Can anybody tell me what the action is on an 8 or 9wt 2pc.TFO rod? I beleive they are the signature series (green 2pc.).I'm looking at one for Bass and maybe salt marsh fishing.

I believe this site has some info on it:
    [url=http://www.superbob.org/CC.htm:d55fb]http://www.superbob.org/CC.htm[/url:d55fb]

Paul

Most TFO are a fast action rod, however there finess series rods are a lot slow of a rod.

John, I would consider the action med to med-fast.

Great rods for the money and extremely good customer service.

I highly recommend their rods.

Rob

I have that rod in a 6 wt and find it to do a great job. Nice to cast excellent on fish handling. Great warrentee. can't say enough good about them

Thanks, that's the info I was lookin for!

Last week I bought (much to the chagrin of my wife) a new TFO Professional 8wt in four pieces.

It's a great rod, though I've only fished with it twice. A nice medium-fast action, and really pretty light. It's still got enough umph to turn over a heavy fly, but not too much for comfort. I shopped around and cast alot of rods before I bought this one, and I'm not sad with my pick.

8. Default

In large measure, all of today's grahpite rods have fast actions compared to the days of fiberglass and cane. The only TFO rods that truly have a soft, or "spring creek" action would be the Finesse series (my wife and I own a couple each and they are nice). The Professional Series TFO by today's standard are listed as medium fast. This depends, of course on which rods you are comparing them to. I use the TFO TiCr and TiCrX rods, both are pretty darned fast. They are great for steelhead in rivers and feeding coho salmon in the salt. Either will turn over large, bulky flies with ease. At the price point of the Professional, I believe that you made a good choice.
    Good Fishing,
    Les Johnson

John 3:16,
    BTW, I love you moniker. I just bought a TFO 9'-4 weight. I have a good floating line for it and I just wish I had a good full sink line. Because, it's my favorite rod. (My go-to rod) My back up for a 4 weight is my 7 1/2' Gatti. That may tell you a little about how much I like the TFO. I love the Gatti, but I'll most likely pick up the TFO first.
    Just my nickel's worth.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I have both a TiCrX 8wt and several Pro Series TFO's. The Pro Series are med-fast and the TiCrX is very fast. Big diff between the two.

------------------
    My New Year's resolution is to have more fun...even if YOU don't.

+ Reply to Thread