+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roscoe this week

Default Roscoe this week

So, by chance I planned a trip to Roscoe with my dad the same weekend as the fish-in. Is it going to be crazy crowded? We plan to just fish I'm not sure if we are going to any of the events... maybe, maybe not. Also, I'm going to be tying flies for both myself and father (he has yet to catch a trout on a fly) and was wondering if there is anything I should defiantly bring. I have the hatch chart but thats allot of flies listed there. Can it be narrowed down, if possible?

7star,

If you mean this coming weekend, there's no doubt it'll be busy. Nature of the beast. You didn't say where you're staying but if you want to get away from the crowds you'll probably have to find some 'out-of-the-way' water. By that I mean a little off the busy Old Route 17 riverside road. You might try the Willowemoc, the upper Willowemoc, the Mongaup (above where it enters the Willowemoc), the Neversink. Of course the Beaverkill but be prepared for crowds.

Don't know what insects are doing exactly. Hatch charts are just reference points and general guidelines. Red Quills, rusty spinners, various caddis, March Browns, Gray Foxes, olives. Lots of bugs.

Allan

+ Reply to Thread