+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon Dubbing Blend

Default Cinnamon Dubbing Blend

Hoping someone may have done this or can suggest a blend to produce a "Cinnamon" color dubbing or close to that color. I'm sure there's a per-mixed Cinnamon dub available commercially but want to try blending my own. I mainly use natural materials for dubbing, when possible, but can be a synthetic material if it will produce a good Cinnamon color.

I found an excellent Flymph pattern that calls for Cinnamon dubbing and wanted to stay as close to the original as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Hareline Dubbin has dubbing which, for color, they state it is a Cinnamon Caddis. Not sure if this matches what you are looking for. If it does, can I have the name of the "excellent Flymph pattern" since I love tying and fishing Flymphs. : )

Here is a link to JStockard who carry it:
    http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...t-Dubbing.html
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I have some of that Warren mentions - could send you a bit if you like so you could match it. Looks kind of like orange and pink.

Warren,

don't have a link to it any more but it's call the Cinnamon Swimmer

Hook: Mustad C53S or similar
    Thread: Orange
    Hackle: Reddish brown speckled hen
    Abdomen: Cinnamon colored Hare?s Mask
    Thorax: Tied in front of the hackle-Peacock Herl

Cinnamon.jpg

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    I have some of that Warren mentions - could send you a bit if you like so you could match it. Looks kind of like orange and pink.
    Appreciate the offer but I think I may have some around here somewhere from Hareline. I forgot that I had the Cinnamon Caddis dubbing which looks very close to what I'm looking for, going to try and match it if possible

Mike

Mike,

Cool fly; hard for me to tell from the pic but I'd just add some rust-colored rabbit to natural hare's ear. I've got some Aussie opposum (dyed, I'm pretty sure) that's looks to be a close match.

Regards,
    Scott

thanks Scott. I like the rust & hare's ear blend that should be pretty close. I've tried my hand at dying but not allot of luck with it.

Mike

mickalo,

I just tied your pattern using the Cinnamon Caddis to give you some idea what the color looks like. My tying skills are not the best, but, maybe good enough so you can see the color.

Here is what I came up with:

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

This is the best indicator of what colors go together to make a color from MS Word.
    Color Mixer.JPGColor wheel.JPG
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hi Mickalo,
    try blending a yello, brown and a speck of orange. The Rite dubbings may offer something close to what you are looking to match.

gerri

+ Reply to Thread