+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: On my daughter

NewTyer 1 Guest

I would love to hook up and do some fishing with you. School starts back up on the 7th but, any weekend would be great and I could even meet you half way if there are good waters there to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallas2 View Post
    Scott,
    glad to hear there's hope for a good recovery. if you need to get out to chase some brookies in the SNP or hit Mossy and the likes shoot me an e-mail. I'm only a couple hours away in Wiliamsburg area.
    Best,
    Steve

Glad to hear that things have gone as best as they could go. Hopefully recovery and rehab will progress smoothly and quickly. All the best.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

I'm joining in prayer too.

Gandolf

NewTyer 1 Guest

I think once the pain is controlled she will perk up but, she is miserable right now

Scott,

You know that the prayers and thoughts of the many continue to pour forth from the confines of northern Michigan. Your observations about the pain are spot-on, as her mood should improve after the doctors determine the correct pain-med dosage.

"My kids"-- those to whom I teach fly-tying during the winter months --all bowed their heads in prayer again yesterday, as did their parents, as they know full well that which you and your daughter are enduring.

May the Good Lord bless you both... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Prayin' Bro!
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Prayers from NE Ohio for a rapid relief from the pain and a smooth recovery and re-hab. God Bless to you and your daughter.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Thanks guys. Jerry, hooks arrived today. You really outdid yourself on the surprise this time. Tell me about the two feathers enclosed. They appear to be cut for wings but, what kind of feathers are they, they have a great color. Anyone looking for hooks has got to take up Hairwing530's offer. Nowhere on the internet are you going to find all that you receive for the small amount of money he is charging. Nowhere.

Blog Entries

I can certainly sympathise on the chemo. I don't like it at all. Radiation treatments just made me tired.

I'm praying for her.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Scott,

Thanks for the "thumbs up." I try to exceed expectations whenever I can. Just ask my oncologists...

The addition of the two feathers(?) in your box is a nod to a tradition with some of my Scot and Irish relatives. When I visited them years ago, I saw more fishing in both Scotland and Ireland than I even knew existed. And, a few of said relatives put in a feather or two among the bags that they took astream just for luck. So.....

By the way, its color comes from its placement on a pheasant... Hope things are starting to improve for your daughter. Stay in touch, my friend... Jerry, aka hairwing530, aka soon to be "Captain Hooks" (Santa needs some rest...)

+ Reply to Thread