+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ridiculous

Blog Entries

Default Ridiculous

The smell of a turkey smoked for 12 hours with white oak, cherry, maple, and hickory... And I just smelled ridiculous as I transfered said turkey from the smoker to the oven. By tomorrow afternoon the turkey will be on the verge of falling apart and the smoke will have developed bright red zones of infusion and amazing taste.

Merry Christmas to all and may yours suck as little as mine promises to...

Bought the son a St Croix Bank Robber 6wt and a higher-end Galvan with a Galloup line made for the set-up... and the wife got a Nor-Vise.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Is the vise for the ol lady so she can tie your flies for you when your fishing?

Martha is not an Ol Lady! She is one of the best tiers I have ever seen.
    She is one of the finest Ladies I have ever met. Plus she is one of the best cooks ever.
    Denny

After Christmas report... Mine was awesome !!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

Took me a couple days to move again after all I ate...

We had too much food and a lot of people... Entire dishes of very good stuff went untouched. Too many good cooks wanting to bring too many dishes, but I am not complaining.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I hope everyone had a great Christmas also. I had two special guest. My brother from Massachusetts and my nephew, who I had not seen since he was 15, he is 28 now. We had a great time the following day exploring the Blueridge Tunnel which at one time was the longest train tunnel in the world. I did not even know it existed until talking with a bicycle riderr one day. Of course parts of it were waist deep in water and we had to crawl through two pipes that were supposed to be 24" but felt more like 18" but it was great. Then that evening he and my nephew went exploring the old Western State hospital.

+ Reply to Thread